Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Celia64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 08:32 PM
    Copper pipes in air conditioner/handler... should they both be hot?
    I came home to find my air set at 90.. The kids somehow did it. It was hot and should be at 80degrees... I turned the temp down but the air still blows hot. Will it take a long time to cool down. House is 2700 sf. Also, both copper pipes in the air handler and the outside unit get hot. Is this a problem. Otherwise the unit works and responds to the therm. But the house and pipes are hot. I turned the unit off for now.
    ss33 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2012, 09:19 AM
    The copper refrigerant line should be warm to the touch.. and the other pipe that is insulated should be cool to the touch you would find that out but touching the pipe somewhere where its not insulated. Both liquid and suction line should not be hot... as this means the refrigerant travelling in your air conditioner may be damaged

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leak from air conditioner air handler [ 6 Answers ]

How do I stop water from dripping from my air handler? The technician has checked the pans, drains, and freon with no luck. He is stumped as to where the water is coming from.

My air handler sounds like pipes rattling sometime when the heat pump come on or goes [ 12 Answers ]

Had a defrost module replaced and the service man put 2 lbs of gas in the unit a week ago.. now the air handler sounds like a freight train coming through the house when the unit come on and sometime when it shuts off--it does not do it all the time and we can not duplicate it by turning it on and...

Air conditioner air handler fan runs constantly [ 5 Answers ]

Heat pump, Trane, late 80's vintage. To me a very typical heat pump. Air handler fan runs constantly. Turn up the thermostat, fan runs. Remove thermostat, fan runs. Disconnect the breaker fan turns off (duh). Reconnect the breaker with the thermostat high (no demand) the fan runs but the...

Air conditioner and air handler different tonage. [ 1 Answers ]

We just had a new Trane system installed. The model (XB13) for the air conditioner (air compressor) outside unit is 1.5 tons. The air handler model (2TGB) is 2 tons. Is this okay or some type of mistake?

Air Conditioner .Air handler too.both stopped? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an air handler in the garage that started leaking a week or so ago. I have an ouside air conditioner (central?) and it also has stopped... when I move the thermostat I hear it click on but no air... Anybody?

View more questions Search