Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HLCDC96-06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2012, 11:05 PM
    Pimplelike hard bump on vagina
    Very small, no pain pimplelike hard pump inside lips of vagina. White like a pimple until I tried to pop it and it turned a red shade in color. Nothing will come out of it. It still does not hurt and the only reason I noticed is because I was bathing and by chance felt it.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 24, 2012, 04:07 AM
    Your vagina is internal; so what is it? Is this protuberance inside or outside?

The bump is probably on the inner side of one of your labia. The absolute worse you can do is try to 'pop' it, opening yourself up to infection in a place where you absolutely do not want it.

We can't diagnose here on AMHD, so advise you to see your doctor and have it diagnosed properly. He will probably ask if you are sexually active.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 24, 2012, 04:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Your vagina is internal
    Really?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 24, 2012, 06:22 AM
    Hi J. Why did you post 'really'. Vagina is an internal 'pathway'. Vagina in latin mening sheath. I don't know how to explain it any other way in these terms because most posters erroneously explain vagina as meaning the entire outer and inner labia as well.

Wikipedia: The Latinate plural "vaginae" is rarely used in English. In casual conversation, the word vagina is often used to refer to the vulva or to the female genitals in general.[4] The traditional dictionary definition refers exclusively to the specific internal structure.

You are inferring I am wrong without an explanation.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 24, 2012, 06:37 AM
    I was just asking why you said that. Actually the vagina is the entire organ. Inside and out. I think you are referring to the vaginal canal, or vaginal vault, that is internal.

Remember, I make my living with vaginas. :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White hard bump inside vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small hard white bump on the inside of my vagina lip. What do you think it is?

A hard bump on my vagina I had for years [ 0 Answers ]

Okay it was about 8moths after giving birth. My left lip on my vagina was so swollen I couldn't walk. And when it went away it left a hard bump that don't hurt at all I can move it around under the skin. 7 years later I still got it. It's always on my mind.

Hard bump on vagina [ 1 Answers ]

Usually when I finish shaving there is one bump like it feels kind of like a little ball. Is it something I should worry about?

What does a bump in in vagina mean? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bump, not completely way in my vagina, but just a little in. And when I sit I can feel it and its sore and irritating. When I touch it, it kind of hurts. I just had sex about 3 weeks ago for the first time, and we didn't use a condom. So what could this be a sign of? An STD, I'm pregnant,...

Bump on vagina [ 2 Answers ]

Okay what can it be if you have a bump on the outside of your vagina where your pubic hair is and it hurts when you push on it or rub against it? (but your not sexually active AT ALL):(

View more questions Search