Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtayl31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Indiana law on educational support for college
    My husband has been paying child support and educational support for his daughter. She just turned 21 and is still attending college. Her mother is petitioning that child support AND educational support continue until May 2013 (her graduation date). Would my husband be smart in petitioning the court to end ALL support (educational and child) since she is 21 now. He and I have 2 children living at home and are struggling to make ends meet!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2012, 02:13 PM
    What does the support Order say and what State?

The law in NY is that "second families" are not considered when "first families" have needs - the "first family" was just that, there first, when the person decided to have more children.

I know it isn't fair but I just heard this this AM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to pay support for child in college part time Indiana [ 4 Answers ]

Do I have to pay child support for someone that is only going to school part time (IVY TECH 2 classes)?? I would rather stop support and give her money as she needs it rather than give it to her mom??

Legal age in Indiana to stop child support for a child in college [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when I can legally stop paying support on my step son who is going to be 22 and is still in college

Indiana child support guidelines for college [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for information on how to find out how college tuition is broken up and who has to pay what. My daughter is 18 years old, will be graduating Wednesday from high school early (3-4-10). She currently does not live at home. She has been living with friends or family since...

Indiana child support college [ 10 Answers ]

What constitutes going to college in Indiana. Can they do 1 class for 1 semester, take a semester off, and do another 1 class until the age of 21 to stretch out child support?

View more questions Search