Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PeggyBailey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 10:02 AM
    Kitchen Sprayer does not stop faucet flow
    Installed a new kitchen sprayer and hose. Works fine except it does not stop the water flow in the faucet when you use the sprayer.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 21, 2012, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggyBailey View Post
    Installed a new kitchen sprayer and hose. Works fine except it does not stop the water flow in the faucet when you use the sprayer.
    Sounds like your diverter has some trash. The solution would be to remove the handle and the spout retaining nut. Pull the spout up and away, The diverter is in front. Clear any trash and reassemble and test, Better now? Cheers, n bTom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sprayer flow/pressure is great; the faucet stream of water doesn't stop or slow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a moen kitchen faucet model 87480. When using the sprayer the flow/pressure is great but the faucet stream of water doesn't stop or slow at all. Is this normal or an installation/product problem?

How do I replace kitchen faucet sprayer with a undersink water filter faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a old kitchen kitchen faucet with attached sprayer. I want to install a Culligan undersink filter which comes with a water faucet that REPLACES the sprayer. I have very limited room under the sink to work in. I cannot even get any normal open end wrenches/adjustibles to work with limited...

Poor flow from kitchen faucet sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

For the past few months I have poor flow from my KWC kitchen faucet sprayer. It does not matter whether I want the "spray" or the regular flow. It's very erratic; sometimes it's bareable and sometimes its less than a trickle. The Problem is NOT the aerator, I have removed that and cleaned it...

Sudden stop of water flow to kitchen faucet. [ 8 Answers ]

My kitchen faucet suddenly starts to "trickle". The spray nozzle is working fine at full power, so are all the other faucets in the house. The dishwasher also fills just fine. I've checked the "filter screens" and nothing seems to be clogged. We have also changed out the faucet which initially...

Kitchen Faucet Sprayer On - Main Faucet not totally off [ 2 Answers ]

We moved into a new house - new construction. When we use the sprayer in the kitchen faucet, water comes out the sprayer as it is supposed to, but the water does not completely shut off in the main faucet. There is still a thin column of water coming out. We had the faucet replaced, and this...

View more questions Search