Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kendrabrown Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2012, 02:17 PM
    How long will it take my cat to deliver the whole litter?
    My cat delivered 4 kittens and still seems to be in labor is this normal... I'm on hold with her vet now... it is her first litter
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 02:29 PM
    She could take hours yet before she delivers all the kittens. A lot depends on how comfortable and safe she feels. Make sure her space is quiet and warm. Are the kittens nursing yet?
    kendrabrown Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2012, 02:44 PM
    They are "rooting" but only 2 have latched on... she is in box behind my couch with towels and water when I try to leave the rom she like kind of yells at me so I'm staying put... the vet said I should see a kitten every couple hours and with it being her first litter maybe longer as delivery tires her out. She is going to sto by after the office closes and check on her. Thank you for the info!
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Mar 26, 2012, 03:05 PM
    It can vary. Generally, it is considered an emergency situation if it is more than 30 minutes between kittens. If you don't know how many she's having, 4 may be it. It's not an uncommon number for a litter. Another big thing is whether she's still pushing. If she's still trying then odds are she's still got one or more up in there. The latching on is important because it also helps stimulate production of oxytocin, which helps the birthing process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Took in a stray abused cat from outdoors; but cat get it to go in the litter box! [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My roommate and I have recently took in a stray beaten up cat. When she took her to the vet she ended up dropping loads of money on this cat to help her. She has a giant wound, and has a respitory infection, she was very mal nutritioned- she's skin and bones.. the whole nine yards....

How Long Does It Take a Cat to Deliver Kittens [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has been in labour since 5pm Saturday 29/5/10. Its now 2.30am Sunday 30/5/10 , she is still in labour, no signs of any kittens? Should I be worried? How long do I leave her ?

How long takes a cat to deliver kittens, after having the first one already? [ 1 Answers ]

My cat began delivery yesterday having one kitten. This is her second pregnancy. The first time all three kittens were born the same day, but at this time she had not delivered any other. I know there are more kittens inside her, because her belly is still big and moving. How much do I have to...

How long does it take for a cat to deliver afterbirth? [ 2 Answers ]

My cat had three stillborn kittens late Friday night and into Saturday morning. I noticed this afternoon she had redish-purple flesh looking stuff hanging out of her vagina. A call to the vet told me it was the afterbirth. So, how long is it going to take for her to deliver this? I'm sort of...

View more questions Search