Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dtomasetti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 02:26 PM
    My 3 year old guinea pig started hopping on just one back leg this morning.
    This morning I noticed my 3 year old guinea pig hopping around on just his back left leg, the right was tucked under him. I thought I noticed him favoring his right leg last week but then everything seemed to be normal and he appeared to be walking fine. Doesn't appear to be in pain. He is eating and otherwise seems okay. Is this
    Something I should be worried about and see a Vet?
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Feb 13, 2012, 12:09 PM
    This sounds very much like it has either dislocated its hip, or broken that leg. Best have a vet examine it for the answer.Your choice what you do after that...
    Ela2219 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 08:11 AM
    You should take him out of his cage and carefully touch his legs that he "is not using" If you hear any type of squel you should take him to the vet. I speak from experience I have 3 guinea pigs and just did my science fair project on guinea pig behavior.. lol. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bunny? Or guinea pig? Which is better? [ 23 Answers ]

I am getting one or the other. (bunny,guinea pig) Which do you think is better? Any other small pets I could get? I know I don't want a ferret cause they smell really bad but I'm not sure if bunnies have a strong scent.:confused:

New Guinea Pig [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone. So aylas special buy from our tax return was a pet guinea pig. She wanted a kitten but we can't have pets except caged animals, and I didn't want a bunny so she picked a guinea pig. We got him on Friday, he is healthy and clean. But he is still simply hiding under his...

Guinea Pig [ 5 Answers ]

My guinea pig is always pooing( seriously) if I want to hold him I have to have a paper towel on my lap. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guinea Pig [ 3 Answers ]

Yeh I had 2 male guinea pigs and 1 died they were just over 1 and I'm not sure what to do because I no the other 1 s v.lonely someone said I should have it put down I'm not sure if I buy a new one would they fight?

Possible ringworm in guinea pig [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what over the counter medication can be used for a guinea pig with possible ringworm? Thanks

View more questions Search