Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexandriaverdi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Some one claimed my son
    I have been living with my fiancée since my son was a newborn, but this year when he tried to claim my son on his income tax it was denied because some one else had claimed him. I went to the IRS website and there is a form you can fill out stating someone committed tax fraud--- but you have to know who it is. My question is how do I find out who claimed my son?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Hello alex:

Something is fishy:

If you claimed your son, they would NOT have denied you. They would have sent the refund. IF they question your deduction, that wouldn't happen till later - much later - after an audit was performed...

Plus, the IRS wouldn't require you to do their work for them.

Therefore, I would file an amended return, sent certified, return receipt requested, with a letter DEMANDING your proper refund, and if someone committed fraud on your account, then THEY better get to finding out who did it.

That's what I would do.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IRS rejected my taxes because someone claimed my son [ 4 Answers ]

I e-filed my taxes this year only to find out that it was rejected by the IRS because someone has claimed my son... how can I find out who and can I prosecute?

What do I do if my mother in law claimed my wife? [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my wife had gotten married on dec. 18 2006 and her mother claimed her yet so did I I thought she could not claim her because she is my wife what do I do?

Looking for my Son [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to find my son who I have not seen since he was 18 months old he is now 24 yrs old. How can I find him for free as I am disabled and on benefit? Please help Thanks Tyreburner

My son is gone... now what? [ 15 Answers ]

My son, Tiponi passed away in Dec. 2004. My shield of numbness is gone from me. I feel alone on the subject of death as no one here will talk about it or my son, Tiponi. If I mention his name the subject is quickly changed. If I have a moment of crying because I miss him so... my boyfriend...

Do I have to submit all receipts for expenses I claimed on 1040 Schedule C? [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to submit all receipts for expenses I claimed on 1040 Schedule C? If the answer is yes, should I enclose them, along with 1040 Schedule C and 1040NR, in my tax envelope? Thank you. I am going to continue checking my shoebox of receipts...

View more questions Search