Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smudgebuck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 10:37 AM
    I've forgotten my login and password for my d-link router. How can I get in?
    I've inadvertently left a password off my wireless router, and am supplying internet to the neighborhood. I tried to get in and reset, but I have forgotten my login name and password. How can I get in to reset them?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 8, 2011, 10:45 AM
    1. First try the default values: most likely "admin" and "admin" - see D-Link default passwords

2. If that doesn't work (because you had changed the login and/or password from the factory default) then you will have to reset the router to its factory settings. There should be a small "reset" button on the router, probably on the back. Push it and the router will reset itself. Then you can access the management page using the default login and password. Of course you will lose any custom settings you may have, so you'll have to reconfigure them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot log into my d link-615 router to set password [ 2 Answers ]

I enter 192.168.0.1 in my web browser and I get to my D-link log in page enter as Admin with no password and I get message "Session timed out: Try again. ANy help

How to make password for wireless d-link router? [ 1 Answers ]

How to make password for wireless d-link router?

D-link di-524 router I can't reset my password and name what should I do? [ 1 Answers ]

After completing the wizard set up my router restarts and when asked my new password and user name a message pops up saying I put in the wrong user name or password. I am sure my password is correct so the only other thing could be an incorrect user name. Is user name the same thing as host name? I...

How to remove password in d-link router [ 3 Answers ]

How to remove password

How to remove password in d-link router [ 2 Answers ]

How to remove password in d-link router

View more questions Search