Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prashantk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 02:29 AM
    My B1/B2 visa was cancelled at Boston Airport.
    Hi,

I had B1/B2 visa for 10 years. And I already traveled US through that visa but when I went US second time at Boston airport the immigrant officer canceled my visa and asks me to apply for new visa.

He told me that the purpose for which you want to enter into US is not coming under B1/B2. You have to apply H1b for this. He put some note on my passport and gave my one form and put some text on that form. Please find the below text which he put on my passport.

On passport

WDIER-8CFR 235.4/212(a)(7)(B)(I)(11)
    A-200547662 DSDcc2010 Bos-1072-mc

Form which was gave to me contain below text.

Waiver revoked (212)(d)(3)(order attached)
    Departure required (8 CFR 240.25)) form I-213 attached)

So please tell me I am eligible for apply new visa or not. Or they put some kind of ban on me.

Regards
    Prashant Kumar
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 2, 2011, 06:48 AM
    Inadmissibility under section 212(a)(7) is due to not having the correct document (visa) for entry. You must have said something to the officer that indicated you would be working in the US as a professional (H-1B).

You need to apply for the correct visa, even if it is another B visa or the H-1B and then enter the US.

The I-213 is a record for a deportable alien. Did he allow you in or not? Were you denied admission? Did you sign any form regarding voluntary departure?
    prashantk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 07:01 AM
    The officer ask some question and filled one form. He also gave me photocopy of that form . On that form he just checked a check box in the front of widrow of my application/ Reffed back my application and canceled my B1/B2 visa.

Now I just want to know for applying Hi-B is any special form like Waiver (212)(d)(3) I have to filled or not.

Is there any time line after that I can apply visa or not?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 2, 2011, 08:18 AM
    If there was only the denial of admission, then you will not need the 212(d)(3) waiver. You should bring (or scan and email) all the documents from your attempted entry to an experienced immigration attorney who can confirm if you need the waiver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I process my H4 visa without my L1 visa getting cancelled [ 15 Answers ]

I am a L1 visa holder. My husband is at California for a company. He has a H1B visa. I would like to join him at California. Since there is no onsite opportunity for me right now from my company. I would like to know one thing whether my H4 visa can be processed without my L1 getting cancelled. I...

Cancelled partners visa(300) changed my mind can the visa be renewed [ 1 Answers ]

I've cancelled my partners visa (visa 300) can I renew the visa if I have changed my mind? About the relationship

US B1/B2 visa status after H1B visa was cancelled [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have a US B1/B2 multiple entry visa issued in 2001 good for 10 years. My family and I used this visa in 2002. In 2006, I applied for H1B visa and was approved but the consulate required some more documents from my prospective employer and was only provided after 10 months so our passports...

View more questions Search