Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    criocin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 07:31 AM
    Toilet Flushometer hissing sound?
    I have Toilet Flushometer hissing sound but is not the diaphragm. Even when I close the water for the toilet I still hear that loud hissing sound. What else can it be? Could it be the neighbors toilet on the apt above? The noise is somewhat in from the pipes in the wall. Or maybe is the flushometer pipe who connects to the main pipe?

Thank you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 19, 2011, 08:15 AM
    Does the hissing sound start when you flush or does it hiss all the time? If it doesn't come from your valve where is it the loudest? Can you furnish more details? Back to you, Tom
    criocin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 10:05 AM
    The sound stays all the time. Can't figure exactly from were the sound comes. It's like coming from the wall. It is frustrating and is very loud. It is an pre-war 6 floors building. I am at 4th floor. I don't know what other details I can give.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 19, 2011, 10:12 AM
    Well somebody better get on this ASAP because it sure sounds like you have a pressure leak inside a wall that's leaking 24/7. Somebody's going to flood out unless this is looked after. Let me know what is found. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix toilet that has hissing sound and is slow to refill? [ 16 Answers ]

Yesterday, my toilet simultaneously started making a hissing sound and refilling very slowly. I have no experience with plumbing or fixing toilets, so please give as detailed a response as possible. If you can direct me to a link with photos on how to fix it, that would be great. I just want to try...

Toilet making hissing sound! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. My toilet keeps making a hissing sound. I tested the flapper with red wine and within 5 minutes I had red wine leaking in the bowl,so I replaced the flapper. But my toilet still makes the hissing sound, I have tried playing with the water level in the tank and it does not help. When I lift...

Hissing sound from Toilet tank. [ 9 Answers ]

I've got a constant hissing sound coming from the left side of the tank. Similar to air being pushed/sucked. At one point, too much water was in the tank and a small trickle was noticed too. But that has since stopped after I took the cover off and flushed a few times. Taking the cover off, this...

Hissing flushometer [ 5 Answers ]

My flushometer is making a hissing sound. What could caus this?

Hissing sound when I talk [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wearing new upper dentures for approx. 2 months and it feels too big for my mouth. Also, I feel that I am talking with a hissing sound, like I have a mouth full of saliva which I do not. What can I do about this or is this only temporary? When I am talking I can tell people are looking...

View more questions Search