Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sman2352 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 03:19 AM
    LLC Members on payroll
    Members of LLC entity filing form 1065, can they be on the payroll as well and pay FICA taxes during the year and also receive Form K at the end of the tear.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Aug 31, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Generally, LLC members do not receive paychecks, either they receive 'draws' or 'guaranteed payments' for their continued services to the LLC; additionally, all members are subject to SE tax on the LLC's earnings (porportionate to their interests) and not on the money they draw. So if the member is receiving a paycheck, paying FICA and other Federal Taxes, he still gets to pay SE tax on what his interests in the LLC earned for the year (thus paying more taxes).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life insurance premiums on members of an LLC [ 0 Answers ]

What is the proper way to post life insurace premiums for the members of an LLC? (the LLC is the ownner of the policy and the beneficiary.)Is it simply a non deductible business expense?

Are new members of an LLC responsible for outstanding debts of the LLC? [ 0 Answers ]

My partner and I are 50/50 owners of an LLC. We are both managing members. 50% of our ownership was used as collateral for loans from an investor. The investor is also a managing member but did not have an ownership interest in the LLC until we defaulted on the loans. The investor now has 50%...

Members of LLC don't want to sell property [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I own a property along with two other members that don't want to sell the commercial property because they think the market is going to come back and they can make 200,000. We have a buyer that will give us 800,000 for it now. We want to sell, they won't agree to sale so we want to...

Single Member LLC or Partnership (Husband/Wife) LLC (Tax Advantages) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My wife is winding down to her last semester in college and has already gotten really busy with freelance work. In the midst of all this work is contracts, deadlines, and money. On the side we have been doing photography work for a little over a year now, but will no doubt get a lot...

View more questions Search