Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    veryvikki Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2011, 03:09 PM
    Where is the fuel cut off switch in a '94 Toyota Camry?
    I just got in a wreck a few days ago and my car flipped over on its side. We managed to get it back up and drive it home, but now the car wont even start. My friend said it might be the fuel cut off switch but I have no idea where that is. Help?????
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 03:13 PM

Does your friend have mechanical experience, never heard of a car with a fuel cut off switch. Unless one of you have some serious mechanical experience this is not going to be a DIYer job. This box isn't big enough for me to list all of the things that can go wrong when you roll a car.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2011, 03:22 PM
    Some cars have mechanical rollover valves on the side of the gas tank or in the frame area and some were in the in the fuel pump which is inside the gas tank. Jeep and Nissan have then. Might check with the dealer.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2011, 03:43 PM

No fuel cut off's on any 90's vintage Camry's.
    Late models have them and it's a simple cycle of the key switch.
    I'm with ballenger on this one. It could be a long list of things.
    If you want to hear the pump run, find the diagnostic check connector under the hood, get a paper clip and jump FP and B+.
    Turn the key on and listen for the pump running.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 03:48 PM
    I know many Fords have or had electric fuel pump cut off switches located inside the trunk. Usually they were located behind the carpet on the left side about 6 to 8 inches off the floor. As far as I know, Toyota doesn't have such a switch. I could be wrong though.
    veryvikki Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2011, 12:40 AM

Thank you all so much for your help! :)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2011, 05:49 AM

My Ford Van has an Inertia switch at the passenger side panel, just push to reset.
    If you drove it home after the rollover, I think it may be something else.
    Look for spark and fuel. Likely have compression.
    budda1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 04:47 PM
    Please look in your vehicle owners manual for this reset option... easy greasy lemon squezy... buda 1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 toyota camry [ 2 Answers ]

I did a head job I'm trying to start the car I'm not gettong any spark I get fule what's the problem?

Should there be fuel at the fuel injectors at all time on a 1993 toyota carolla [ 2 Answers ]

There should be fuel at pressure at the fuel rail when the key on engine off if I am not mistaken? On a 1993 toyota carolla. But I do get pressure when cranking, fuel filter pluged?

93 toyota camry [ 2 Answers ]

My camry will run and cut off while driving it. Then it won't start for up to 45 minutes. The problem is consististent. It just turns over like it wants to start but nothing. At times it won't even make any noise.

Toyota 93 Camry [ 2 Answers ]

Why is does my Camry keep blow the fuses in the main relay box? What can I do to repair it?

View more questions Search