Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmeenareddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2010, 11:19 PM
    Is abortion safe when I am 19 weeks pregnant?
    A week ago , I went through an abortion. I was 19 weeks pregnant as on Friday 17th December 2010. I opted for the abortion due to personal reasons. I am single. I don't have an active sex life , except for the person I am dating right now, we don't indulge in intercourse too often.
    We plan to get married in a year or two and have babies too. I did not have a choice but to abort the child. I am now concerned about the side effects of this action. Will I be able to conceive again?
    I went through the abortion on Tuesday (21st dec) , I was admittd in the nursing home on Monday (20th dec). The doctor had inserted a pill into me once in the morning and once in the evening. It took me 24 hours to actually complete the process. I experienced heavy bleeding in the next 3 days, I came back home on Tuesday itself. I also have experienced bleeding in relatively huge clots. Now the cramps and the bleeding has reduced.
    Please suggest , if I should get myself checked and what tests need to be done to ensure that my health has not been affected and that I can conceive again.

PS: this was my first pregnancy.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 26, 2010, 03:56 AM
    What country are you in?
    I'll bite my tongue about you waiting 19 weeks, 4 1/2 months, or asking these questions after the fact.
    Of course you bled a lot; a lot surrounds the fetus.
    Sometimes a D&C is done to remove any tissue that didn't come out on it's own.
    I don't see any reason why you can't have babies in the future, but I'm not a doctor nor do I know your situation. A follow up doctor's visit is a good idea.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 06:21 AM

What country are you in? Most countries won't do an abortion past 12 weeks.

With that said, all of what you are experiencing is normal and expected after the birth of a baby whether the baby is alive or not.
    trish0126 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 08:12 AM
    Girl it breaks my heart to hear you wanted so long to get an abortion you should have just carried that baby to term and give it up for adoption or just keeped your mind made up and kept the baby. At 19wks you had a perfectly healthy develop baby that felt the pain of you killing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

6 weeks after abortion, still no period. Could I be pregnant? [ 13 Answers ]

I had an abortion using misoprostol alone in October 25th ( I live in a country where abortion is illegal). I started bleeding the same day I took the medication and had very painful cramps. I also passed a large clot. I stopped bleeding 6 days after, so I went to the doctor and she made me a...

Can you get pregnant six weeks after an abortion from pre come [ 2 Answers ]

I am 19 had an abortion 6 weeks ago due to bad pregnancy, have had sex without contraception a few times, is it possible to get pregnant so soon after. Was 9weeks gone at time of abortion, healed well with no complications Thanks for any feedback

Is it safe for my 11month old dog to get an abortion with for her pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

I really need help ! I used to live abroad and now we have moved back to england but my 11 month dog didn't have a passport so my husband stayed over there until she was allowed to fly ,my husband came and visited me and left the dog with a friend and she has a male dog which is 7 months old,...

39-40 weeks pregnant. Is castor oil safe [ 3 Answers ]

Going by the date of my last period I'm 40 weeks pregnant, by the doctors I'm 39. Is castor oil safe to take if so how much? Can it harm the baby?

View more questions Search