Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KBerg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2011, 02:35 PM
    Why won't my son forgive me?
    I did a lot for my children when they were growning up. I was always there for them, until one day I could not take their fathers abusive anger anymore... so I divorced him... my children had a hard time with this. Their father fought me, over the divorce to the point I could no longer afford to be with my children... their dad took everything from me... I moved to another state to start things over... I understand in my children's eyes, who were then teenagers, that I left them. I stayed in touch with them, called them, flew them out to be with me. They were angry that I left... I understand now, how that was so hurtful to them. After several years have pasted we actually got back together and remarried. I am not proud of how things went... but back in the day... I was lossing it... The man was always angry... I couldn't take it... now he is much calmer. But my one son just won't forgive me... the other 4 have. This one son is 25 is married, and now has a daughter. He will not let me have anything to do with his daughter. It hurts a lot. What can I do? I have asked for forgiveness over and over again. He holds a grudge and says he does not want me with his daughter... he does not want her to get hurt like he did. I just want our family to be close like it once was. Please tell me what you think.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 3, 2011, 02:50 PM

Focus on your kids who love you, and pray for the one who holds a grudge. Don't dwell on it though. Let him get over himself, in his own way, and in his own time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 3, 2011, 03:05 PM

I will not focus on many things you did wrong before,

I hope he is not abusive any more, and I hope the kids did not learn that being abusive was a correct way to treat your wife.

But yes, you just love them, deal with the ones that will be with you, and give the other one time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I forgive him so we can still be together? [ 4 Answers ]

Well I just found out yesterday that my boyfriend of 5 yrs (he just bought me an engagement ring) cheated on me. It started about 2 1/2 months ago and ended a mth ago. He said it only happened 5 times but the second time was a Friday night when we went out with friends to the pub to celebrate my...

To forgive or not forgive.. [ 20 Answers ]

How can you forgive a cheater?. how can you forgive someone who says they love you and then goes and cheats on you with their ex.. he says he loves me and doesn't know why he did it.. I don't understand.. im so hurt.. I don't know what to do.. wat if he does it again?. I don't think my heart can...

Forgive herself before she can let me forgive her? [ 16 Answers ]

Ok I know I've posted what has happened to me but here is the short again my girlfriend of 4 years (and only sexual partner both ways) finally had her curiosity get the best of her at a weak spot of our relationship. She told me right away and said that she felt we had to break up now. So I guess...

Forgive? I wish! [ 1 Answers ]

My husband cheated on me a year ago. To make a long story short upon finding out I kicked him out and filed for a divorce within a week of finding out. 3 months later he begged me to just start being friends and try to forgive what he calls the Biggest mistake of his life... Fast forward to...

View more questions Search