Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rakkasah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Gum pain, how to stop it until my appointment?
    Hi everyone,
    This question is a 2 part-er...
    My boyfriend was complaining about gum pain and so he removed his oral piercing and shortly after I started getting gum pain. First question, is it possible he gave me some sort of gum disease by kissing? I didn't have any symptoms until a couple weeks after he started complaining.
    I changed toothbrushes, increased flossing and rinsing my mouth but sadly, my gums continue to bleed and are very painful and I fear gum disease.
    I don't have insurance so I made an appointment as soon as I could, but it is a month away at the only place I can afford to go to.
    My gums are driving me crazy with the pain, I tried orajel but I am using it nearly once an hour! Is there anything else I can do for the pain to tide me over until my appointment?
    Thanks for your help!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Anbesol. Keep mouth clean. Use saltwater and/or mouthwash.

Don't eat chocolate or drink coffee.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Firstly, yes, if your boyfriend has an infection in his mouth he can give it to you by kissing. Warm salt water rinses should make your gums feel better.
    It sounds like you are doing the right thing by changing your brush and increasing your home care... what about your boyfriend? Has he done the same thing?
    You could try getting yourself some good quality "Tea Tree Oil" and rinsing with it... about 5drops in 1/2 cup warm water. Oil of oregano or myhrr may help too.
    rakkasah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Thanks!
    Actually my boyfriend doesn't take as good of care of his teeth as he should, even though I nag him about it! If he gave this to me, I'll nag even more often now!
    Thanks for the tips, both of you! I will try some of them :)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2007, 02:24 PM
    I wouldn't nag him, I'd "hold out" until he takes care of his teeth.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Sorry you are in pain. Best thing is to rinse with salt water avoid acidic foods (including chocolate) and take some tylonol.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Yes, xrayman... tea tree oil is an antiseptic but I suggested it to help with the bleeding gums which indicates infection. If the infection gets cleared up... the pain will go away. I suppose I should have suggested Tylenol or Advil for the pain but I like to get to the root (pardon the pun) of the problem.
    jazzi yazzi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2011, 05:17 AM
    I have a very bad pain in ma gums I dontknw what 2 do since I am a 12 yr old kid and I will really need good tips and a lot of help, I am going to the dentist bit that is 2moro I cnt wait that long

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First doctors appointment? [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and have my first doctors appointment on the 25th. I know that's a little far from now, but I was wondering what to expect, do I also get an ultrasound at this visit? They are having me see a midwife, but what do you all prefer? A doctor or a midwife? I honestly do not really know the...

Dermatologist Appointment. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dermatologist appointment this week and I need help on asking which products would be good for her to prescribe me with. I've been to a dermatologist before and he gave me Differin Gel but it was way to greasy for my skin so I had to stop using it. I have oily, blemished skin that has a...

To Stop the daily Pain [ 1 Answers ]

What excercises for the foot can an adult do who has CONTRACTURES OF the ankle or foot JOINTS due to being sick by polio as an infant?

How long does it take for the tears and pain to stop [ 4 Answers ]

I lost my father Jan. 14th 2007 I was with him at the time of his passing. I knew that he was tired of fighting for his life, and I knew he would be leaving us. I just wasn't ready for it to be so soon. I cry all the time, I can not seem to get motivated into everyday task. I was mad, angry and...

Gum pain / Biological Width question [ 1 Answers ]

10 days ago I've been to a dental hygienist I've never met before. Although I'm pretty tough when it comes to cleanings, this one was extremely painful. I was bleeding afterwards for 2 days every time I brushed my teeth (never happened to me before!) This week I noticed that whenever I eat, the...

View more questions Search