Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odessadebbie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2011, 04:00 PM
    My pregnant cat has been secreting a yellow mucus discharge and later we found blood
    I think my cat is pregnant she looks it but her teets are not full and pink with milk they are still normal. She started secreting quite a bit of the yellow mucus from her vaginal area and later we found some blood in her basket. But have not found any kittens around anywhere. We had her locked in one room for the birthing purpose. Can you help me with answers please.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2011, 12:35 PM

This could be an infection. Did she have the kittens or not? Either way, you need to get her into the vet for a check. It could be an infection of the uterus and you can lose her or the kittens or both.
    odessadebbie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 02:10 PM
    Comment on Lucky098's post
    Thank you for your response. She is no longer discharging and is acting very normal. Eating and drinking her water. She did not have any kittens though. Could it be she had a false pregnancy?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

May 9, 2011, 03:13 PM

What made you think she was pregnant?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2011, 09:27 PM

Grab her and feel around on her belly. If she is going to have kittens "any day now" you will be able to feel them. If you want to spend the money, you can always take her in for x-rays to see how many kittens are in there. I would almost highly suggest x-rays so you know how many kittens are to be expected.

False pregnancies don't release fluids either. Sometimes fluids are normal, sometimes they are alarming. For a real answer, you might have to take her in or at least call the vet and ask. It could be nothing to worry about and it could be a lot to worry about. If she had a false pregnancy, get her spayed. That is a huge toll on her psychologically and phsycially. False pregnancies also lead to a deadly infection called Pyometra.

Feel for babies and go from there... Stretch her out on her back and press down on her belly. You should be able to feel something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clear stringy discharge over yellow discharge is that the mucus plug [ 13 Answers ]

Okay so when I go the bathroom and I wipe there is a yellow discharge and a clear stringy discharge over it. What does a mucus plug look like? There is no red or pink discharge with it. PS I am 36 weeks pregnant and baby has dropped.

Yellow discharge while pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 15wks pregnant and had a bladder infection took all meds and it change color of my urine. And I started to have a discharge it was yellow to so I thought maybe it was from the meds bt all the meds is gone but I still have some yellow discharge coming out with an odor. I go see the doc tomorrow...

I have like a Yellow/mucus discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

So I went to the doctor (may 18) and I had a yeast infection. My doc prescribed me a Fluconazole Tablet 150 mg. so I drank it. Then after that I started having like yellow/mucus discharge?. I don't know if its because of the pill? Or should I go back to my Doc?

33 weeks pregnant and have watery yellow discharge [ 5 Answers ]

The discharge is heavy at times. It has a very mild smell I don't think its urine because it is kind of slimy sticky is this normal

Brown discharge blood mucus? [ 5 Answers ]

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me some advise? I came of the contreceptive pill about 8 months ago. My period started on may 18th and ended may 21st. On day about 14 of my cycle, while wiping myself after going for a wee, I noticed a bit of brown blood on the tissue. As the...

View more questions Search