Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Puppy_Mila Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2011, 11:45 AM
    What are a puppy's chances for surviving parvo after a relapse?
    Hello all.. So I got a beautiful nine week old Lab and Australian Shepherd mix puppy less than a week ago and two days ago she got very sick with diarrhea when she had not even used the bathroom inside since I had got her. I took her to the vet and unfortunately she has parvo. She was doing so good yesterday, playing, she had ate, and had not vomited at all. Unfortunately, last night she vomited, as well as this morning and is not playful at all. Does anyone know if her chances still could be good? They are giving her some medicine today to try to control the vomiting and try to get her to eat.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 12:04 PM

Parvo is very deadly. Is she at the vet being treated, or at home with you?

There's no way for us to tell you what her chances are. Parvo has a high fatality rate, even with treatment. The longer she survives, the better her chances, but there's no guarantee.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. All you can do is keep her under vet supervision and hope for the best.
    Puppy_Mila Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2011, 12:26 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    She is at the vet and knock on wood but this vet has not lost a puppy yet. Thanks Im hoping and praying a lot, Ive just had her a week and am already very attached!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 01:52 PM

It doesn't take much to become attached to these wonderful animals, does it. I feel for you. I know I'd be just as upset, and just as worried.

You're doing everything right. She's at the vet, she's getting the meds she needs. There's nothing more you can do but hope.

I'll cross my fingers for you and hope that everything is okay.

Again, I'm so sorry you and the little one have to go through this. Best of luck, and please, keep us posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relapse of BPD? [ 4 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder in November 2008. I received almost 18 months of therapy for it, and have been out of therapy for around 6 months now. At the time I chose to leave therapy early as I felt that I was much better and was experiencing a much better quality of life,...

Depression relapse? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys Well I'm here for a little advice and guess bit more of a rant because we all know it helps. Anyway I've been suffering depression since I was a child self harm for as long as I remember. Finially with the help of my husband and Les of hard work from me I have reduced the cutting,...

Relapse on the breakup of an ex [ 4 Answers ]

I was in a relationship with a girl for 3 years. We had our share of good and bad times. Broke up a couple times. But she made the decision to move to Kansas, I'm in California, with her family. We ended up breaking up about 2-3 weeks before she moved. I was doing fine accepting the fact that she's...

PTSD relapse [ 15 Answers ]

A few days ago I had quite a major relapse of my PTSD symptoms. It was triggered by recent family events, especially something that happened this past Sunday. I know I'm being vague, but I'm not ready to talk about it right now. Those of you who know my family situation probably have an idea of...

View more questions Search