Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoopes_az Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Toilet bowl water level is too low
    My toilet flushes fine, but the bowl does not fill up with enough water. Sometimes it fills up with more water, sometimes less, but on average it seems to have about half of the water that is should. I thought perhaps the flap needed to be adjusted so it would stay up longer, allowing more water to flow into the bowl. I have an adjustable flap, but that seems to simply drain more water down the pipe, not put more water in the bowl. I'm stumped.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2011, 06:53 PM

Lift the lid from the toilet tank and see if the small fill tube is connected to the overflow tube if not connect it and see that the water flow through, see the images below, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 30, 2011, 06:58 PM

John gave you the best answer and its highly likely the problem. If not, you may have a partially clogged vent stack that causes bowl water to be siphoned. While you have the tank lid off check to see how high the water level is compared to the top of the over flow tube, let us know.
    hoopes_az Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 10:16 AM
    Thanks to all for the help. The problem was simply the fill tube. The water was dumping from the fill tube directly into the tank. I took the tube and stuck it down the overflow tube so that the fill water dumped directly into the overflow tube and the problem is solved. So simple, but sure appreciate the help!
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2011, 06:10 PM

Thanks for the update.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low Water Level in Toilet Bowl [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a condo on the third floor and the building was built in 1985. Recently I noticed that the water level has decreased significantly in the toilet bowl. I checked the tank and it is filling up as it should. I have observed no leakages around the toilet. My downstairs neighbors...

Low Water Level In Toilet Bowl [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a house which was built in 1993. All of the plumbing fixtures are original. Every toilet in the house only holds about 2 to 3 cups of water in the bowl. I have verified the fill valve and tube are functioning correctly. I have also taken a bucket of water and slowly tried...

Toilet - bowl water level low [ 1 Answers ]

Hello fellow Members, I've got an issue where the water level in my toilet bowl is lower than normal from when I first installed it a few months ago. I've recently changed my toilet to an American Standard Champion type with a class 4 flush. The thing works like a star but after a few months the...

LOW water level in toilet bowl [ 13 Answers ]

Okay, a couple of months ago, a friend of mine replaced the seal on my toilet because water was coming out from underneath. Since then, the water level in the bowl has been really low. Now I have seen toilets like this before and it is functional, but it just annoys me. I have a 3 year old and...

Water level in toilet bowl is low [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new toilet, and the water level is very low in the bowl. What can I do?

View more questions Search