Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cynster29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 05:14 AM
    Ask an OB GYN a free question
    Hello, I am 34 weeks pregnant right now with my son. I just found out through an ultrasound yesterday that the baby is measuring small- about 32 weeks. He is symmetrically all around measuring the 32 weeks, so its not like I am getting all different measurments. But, should I be worried? What does this mean, to measure 2 weeks behind? Is it a problem with the placenta? He is VERY active, and has a great normal heartbeat and is doing great in every other way. My daughter was born at 36 weeks at 5lbs 5oz. Could I just have small babies? I weighed 118 pre pregnant and am now 138, so I put on 20 lbs. I just want everything to be OK and am not sure why he is measuring this 2 weeks behind. The DR did not seem concerned, but I go in again for a growth scan in 3 weeks. I also have a cerclage that is due to be taken out in 2 weeks! HELP! What do you guys think about all this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 06:51 AM
    Ultrasounds in late pregnancy aren't quite as accurate as they are in early pregnancy. There is approximately a one week window either way.

Remember that pregnancy is always a guessing game. I always advise my patients that they could be two weeks further along or two weeks earlier than the given due date.

The later ultrasound is basically to make sure that all organs are formed correctly, that kidneys are working properly, etc. Rarely do we change our due date from a third trimester ultrasound.
    tyty12 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 12:07 PM
    OK its like my cycle came on two times in one month andi was just wondering if I was pregnant or is it that Feb. was a short month

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a OB GYN a question on line for free [ 8 Answers ]

I have a hard lump above pelvic bone and have uterine cramping from approximately day 16 - 22 of my cycle. I took an early pregnancy test and it was negative. Do you think these are symptoms of early pregnancy? Or can there me another medical condition causing this?

Ask ob gyn question and get answer free [ 81 Answers ]

I am taking a b12/hcg shot for weight loss the shot I am taking only has 125ui of hcg and I had my last shot 6 days ago. I missed my period yesterday so I took a hpt (first response) today and got a positive so I am wondering if with the low dosage of hcg that I had if it could still be in my...

Free online help in OB GYN Question [ 4 Answers ]

My wife was having eggs growth problem and was not getting pregnance for 1 year, we go through some medical treatment and she get injections of puregon for eggs growth and got pregnancy immidiatly ,now we have one baby one year old and want to go for next baby , my question is that whether she has...

Ask an ob gyn free [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I was feeling pregnant so I went to the doctor the day before my period was supposed to start in March. They made me give a urine sample and it came back negative and they told me to come back in 2 weeks if I hadn't started my period.. So I went back 2 weeks later and my test came back...

View more questions Search