Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacks45 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 06:29 PM
    I'm a us citizen living outside the us. How do I pay my taxes?
    I am a us citizen living abroad since the age of 6 years. I am now 45 years and want to live in the us. How do I pay taxes and file for my children who are 14 years and 26 years old.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 10:41 AM
    Assuming you have a SSN, call the IRS at 267-941-1000 (International Tax Hotline) to determine how many years they want to file for. It should not go back more than ten years (to 2000).

If your children are NOT U.S. citizens, you will NOT be allowed to claim them unless they spent some time in the United States in nthe tax years you are filing for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US citizen, living abroad for 10 years, have never filed taxes... help... [ 3 Answers ]

I am a US citizen married for ten years to a British citizen. Of the past 11 years, 9.5 I have lived and worked some of the time in UK for UK companies paying UK taxes. For the past 18 months I haven't worked and am living in Qatar with British husband who is working for a local Qatari company....

Alien Resident Parent of US Citizen required to file/pay taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

My mother is a resident alien living with us for most of the year. Is she required to file an income tax return? Her only source of income is a small annuity from my father's retired military pension (non-US).

US citizen living overseas paying US state taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am a US citizen residing permanently the UK(my last US residence was NJ in 1997). I do, however, occasionally earn income in the US, as a self-employed musician. This year, I worked in NY for 2 months, and KY for 5 days. I received 1099-MISC for both jobs(ie no state or federal taxes were...

If I am a WI resident, but am living in NY, do I pay taxes in both states? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am living in New York for I'm not sure how long, and since I'm not sure if I am going to be here long enough to think about trying to get residency here, I was wondering if in able to work here would I have to pay taxes to both states (WI and NY)? Thank you! Rea

View more questions Search