Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DSWickliffe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 06:39 PM
    Where is the pilot light for my Bryant Furnace?
    I have read the instructions and see where to turn the gas on and hold the starter button in but I can't find where to light the pilot light. Can anyone help? I'm going to add a photo.
    Attached Images

Covertaire Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2010, 07:03 PM
    First, you need to be real careful. An explosion can occur if not done properly. The aluminum tis coming off the top of the gas valve is leading to the pilot. It will be down around the front of the burners where they head up into the heat exchanger. Revert to the beginning, be careful... call a pro of u need to.
    Dennis1523 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2010, 07:53 PM
    It is at the end of that little aluminum tube to the right of the gas valve in the pic. Follow it and that is the pilot assy it goes to. If it don't light it is a bad gas valve or pilot clogged and you should call a tech.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2010, 07:39 PM
    If you have never lit the pilot on this furnace. You will need to turn the knob on top of the gas valve to pilot, red button on the left side of the valve, press it down and hold it down while lighting the pilot in front of the burners. After the pilot lights keep the red button depressed for 30sec. After letting off the button and if the pilot is still lit turn the knob to on, on the gas valve and you should have heat.
    Dennis1523 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2010, 08:04 PM
    Comment on T-Top's post
    No. He is looking for the pilot assy it's self. He says in the question he knows how to lite it if he can find the pilot. Lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Propane Furnace won't start no pilot light red light flashes 3 times [ 6 Answers ]

My propane furnace G6RC has no visible flame and the red light either stays on or flashes 3 times in a row and then the furnace shuts off and tries to restart

Carrier Furnace, Model: 55DRCO-45CB, how to light pilot light? [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 20 year old CArrier furnace, Series 100, Model 55DRCO-45CB. It is not heating even though the temperature gauge on the wall is on and set to heat, 70 degrees. We checked the fuse. It's fine. We don't see any pilot light--in fact, we don't even know where to look for the pilot...

Can't Find/Light Coleman Direct Vent Forced Air Furnace Pilot Light [ 10 Answers ]

I see what I think is the pilot light in my furnace, with the pilot light gas line on the bottom, and the thermocouple above it. The lines feed into a copper looking box, but I can not see if the back is open or if the pilot light is inside of this box. I can not stand this cold, and I have spent 3...

Lighting the pilot light on a bryant 75-347 unit heater [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bryant unit heater in my garage it is a 60,000 BTU model 75-347. The fan will run but I don't know how to light the pilot light.

Bryant Heater Pilot won't light. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old bryant unit . It has worked fine until the other day. Blower works fine but no heat. Pilot was out so I lighted it and it worked fine for the night. The next day no heat again. Pilot was out again. Trie to light but will not light. Friend told me to replace the therm coupler. Here is...

View more questions Search