Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuterooster007 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2010, 12:17 PM
    What does blood in urine look like
    How does bloody urine act when it hits the water in the toilet? Does it sink to the bottom of the stool?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 12:28 PM

The term blood in urine is misleading. Everyone has a bit of blood in the urine and it is only detectable through lab work. If there is a lot of blood in the urine, your urine will be dark coloured. No it won't sink to the bottom. Why do you ask? A lot of blood urine is a very serious problem. If so, there is something wrong with your kidneys.

Tick

Nov 25, 2010, 12:43 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    I had deep yellow urine earlier today, and when it hit the toilet water the film-like deep yellow urine went to the bottom of the stool. I've never seen anything like it. I do have pain from the middle of my back, wraping around to my left side.
    Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 12:57 PM

Chute, we can't diagnose here but the conditions you describe are rather obvious as a kidney problem. Which you don't want. Please go to your doctor to have a simple test to rule out anything wrong with you kidneys. Would you happen to be diabetic ?

Tick

Nov 25, 2010, 01:24 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Yes, I am.
    Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 01:38 PM

Chuter, I urge you to go see a doctor immediately. Diabetics have to be extremely careful of medications and diet just to ensure that our kidneys will always stay healthy or moderately so otherwise the alternatives are just too bad to think about.

Tick

Nov 25, 2010, 01:45 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Thanks, Tick.
    Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 02:00 PM

Chute, you are welcome and be careful and see someone, okay.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood in urine [ 6 Answers ]

My 10 year old rottweiler has blood in her urine what would cause this?

Blood in urine [ 11 Answers ]

I just recently had some blood work done, my urinalysis came back with some blood in it, but I was not close to my menstrual, so the doc told me to get the urinalysis redone, I have been having some cramping and I have had a lot of bacterial vaginosis recurrence going on, he prescribed me...

Continuation of red blood cells with blood and protein in urine [ 3 Answers ]

I saw the urologist today, I over heard him tell the nurse I needed a biopesy immeditaly, I gasped. Then they talked in a low voice arguing. He came in I told him what happened over the weekend... he said you have kidney stones I told him how the hospital I won't say which one said that I did not....

Red blood cells and blood in urine and severe pain now [ 12 Answers ]

Nov of 2008 I had a UA report that showed blood red blood cells protein ext. I had flank pain severe in my left side that lasted for about 4 days on the 2cd day I went to the Hos. They did many tests only to confirm no infections no stones. About 3 weeks ago I had another UA report that showed 120...

Blood in the urine [ 2 Answers ]

I've been really worried lately. Ive had blood in my urine for the past year(its been only detected through a urinating in a cup and tested with the dip stick). The doctor thought it was a urinary tract infection but it wasn't then she thought it was kidney stones but my kidneys were fine. Can...

View more questions Search