Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pocoryuki Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 07:25 AM
    My 4 months pet chihuahua won't eat what can I do?
    My 4 months chihuahua won't eat any kind of dog food..
    Help me ***.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2010, 07:29 AM

Are there any other symptoms to go with not eating?

Loose stools, vomiting, lethargy?

What sort of food have you tried? Just kibble or canned as well?

Mine hate kibble, they will pick at it sometimes, but as a general rule they won't eat it unless I mix something through it.

Try mixing some sardine through the food or if it is kibble, try soaking it in a little unsalted chicken broth before serving.

Nov 15, 2010, 07:44 AM
    He don't eat any kind of dog food...

Nov 15, 2010, 07:46 AM
    I tried to do that but still he won't eat :(

Nov 15, 2010, 07:56 AM
    Comment on shazamataz's post
    I've tried to do that but still he won't eat :(
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 15, 2010, 08:28 AM

If he is a healthy dog, then he will not starve himself. So put the food down and walk away. If you keep offering different options, he will keep holding out, in hopes for something better.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 15, 2010, 08:46 AM

How long has he been refusing to eat?

How is he acting? Is he drinking? Is he playing? Is he going to the bathroom? If you just got him, are you feeding him the same food the breeder did?

I can think of several things that could put him off his food (IF this is new) from teething to having eaten something he shouldn't have such as a plant or a toothpick.

If he isn't eating and you can't tempt him, it may be time to take him to the vet. Has he had his last set of vaccinations, yet? Have you talked to the vet about neutering, yet?
    NatashaKing33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 10:00 AM
    I got my 8 year old son a blue chocoalte chichuahua Saturday June 8,2012 and he has not eaten a thing he does not bark he does not whine he has not had any water my husband took him outside for about an hour yesterday and as soon as he came back in the house he peed on the floor should I be worried and he doesn't sleep
    NatashaKing33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 10:01 AM
    My 4 month old blue chocolate chihuahua will not bark eat are sleep what am I doing wrong?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 10:08 AM
    Have you taken him to the vet for a check up? Those are some pretty serious symptoms. Is he drinking? Any other symptoms? Blood in the feces?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 week old chihuahua will not eat or drink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 week old chihuahua that has had the 6 week old shot and now will not eat or drink all it will do is sleep no energy at all. What do I do?

3 year old Chihuahua won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old adopted 4 months ago that the last few days will not eat. I have made homemade food (which she liked) lamb, rice, veggies, apple. Flaxseed but now she doesn't want anything I give her. She ate some grass awhile ago but seems relestless. She did eat a salt and vinegar chip the...

12 yr old Chihuahua will not eat are drink [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Chihuahua who is a rescue dog I have had her for 12 yr. She was malnourished and infested with worms. We were told by the vet that she would not get over 2 lb and her stomach will be really sensitive she can not have any shots as she has allegories to all . She has done very well over the...

18 months baby, has acid reflux so only eat liquid ( how much she should eat) [ 1 Answers ]

My baby has acid reflux since 3 months and anytime I give her finger or soft food she throw up before it goes in. so I only give her liquid food like first stage food. :( But I want to know if she is taking enough? She is 24LB and 30inch tall - 18months old She eat 24 oz soy milk only 6oz of...

Chihuahua won't eat solid food [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a chihuahua last week. She is now about 7 weeks old. The person I got her from said she was eating Purina Alpo Puppy. Due to the pet food recalls I dicided to call the number on the back of the can. THe woman I talked to said I shouldn't feed my dog any kind of dog foof just in case. She...

View more questions Search