Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    themaillady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Painful red swollen Pimple, Infected?
    I have a large (at least dime sized) red area on the end of my chin that is red, swollen, and extremely painful. Right in the center is, I can only assume, a pimple. It is swollen enough that my entire chin sticks out. The "pimple" produces some pus, not a lot, mostly scabs up. I am more concerned about how red and swollen it is. Has anyone experienced this to know if it is infected?
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jun 30, 2008, 08:30 AM
    To determine whether you have infection in the site, you can pour peroxide over it. If it bubbles up you have infection. You most likely have either a boil or an ingrown hair. Both can cause serious amounts of pain. Hot pack it and if it's a boil the pus will drain out. Good Luck... of course if it continues to persist go to your physician.
    Tina86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 11:05 PM
    I squeezed a pimple on my chin & now it's swollen & big.I tried popping it but it didn't pop.What can I do to make the swelling go down?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen/Painful Knee [ 1 Answers ]

Symptom: My right knee feels as if someone has taken a fist grip on it and is tightening. I am able to turn my leg a certain way and my knee will pop/click which relieves pain for about ten seconds then the pain returns(which I am trying to avoid). The pain is not so bad as I can stand on it,...

Right Eye Swollen and Infected [ 5 Answers ]

Good Day, I have about 1 month with my right eye infected for some reason.. at first it seemed as a stye in the lower lid, so I left it alone so it could pop by itself. After a while later it increased its size and it seemed as an extra flat tissue, lik a cyst.. Recently I went to the doctor and...

Boil or infected pimple on my nose [ 1 Answers ]

I had a pimple on my nose. It had a white head in the center. I tried to squeeze out white head. Nothing came out, it's swollen twice it's size. I can see the white core in the middle. I have soaked in Epsom Salt, used peroxide & using triple antibotic salve. It's only getting Bigger & much, much...

Red, swollen, painful skin sores in family [ 1 Answers ]

I started getting painful sores on my arms about 8 months ago after some kind of spider bites. The sores appear from a pin prick scratch or from nothing I can see and grow in size with no apparent design. The appearance of them are all different except they are hot to the touch, painful, swell, and...

View more questions Search