Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sophiaryle3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 02:08 AM
    Could I be pregnant, and have signs 5 days after conception?
    I am trying to get pregnant. Im 19, and athletic. I've calculated my last two periods. I had one from September 1st- September 4th. And then again September 27th to October 3rd. My average cycle is 26 days, and my average Lutheal phase is 11 days. I've been having unprotected with my boyfriend all week. I "feel" pregnant, my breasts are itchy, I'm having trouble falling asleep, but I'm always tired. Im always hungry. Im peeing a lot more than usual. If I am pregnant, according to online web calculations, I conceived on the 11th of October, which is when I had sex, but its so early could I really be pregnant?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2010, 04:44 AM

Do you have a good idea of when you are likely ovulating? In the last several months, how long was your longest cycle and your shortest?

If you did happen to conceive on the 11th, the egg would still be working at the process of implantation (it takes several days to get to the uterus and several to complete implantation). While some women do "feel" that they are pregnant early on, it would be very unusual to experience the symptoms you have mentioned because your body would not be producing the higher levels of progesterone and estrogen that are associated with maintaining pregnancy. You would sort of be in that limbo state (secretory phase) of your body building the uterine lining and waiting to see whether the lining should be shed.

Now, saying all of that, certainly you could be pregnant since you are actively trying. How long have you been trying? Most couples will become pregnant within the first year, some very quickly, others after several months. For some it can be perfectly normal to take longer than a year.

It is not unusual at all to feel possible symptoms because you are hoping to be pregnant and thus watching for any possible sign. It happens to a lot of women (raising hand!).

You'll have to give it a bit more time and see what happens when your next period would be due.
    melanie34 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2010, 04:11 AM

I felt pregnant 2 days after conception. It started with implantation cramping and a couple of days later, I had hot flushes, couldn't stop eating, peeing every 5 minutes and I was very clumsy. I felt stomach flutterings all the time. All the websites said this was impossible and it was too early to feel anything so I thought I was going mad. I got a positive result after 10 days. So yes, you have a very good chance of being pregnant. Let us know how you get on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Company fired pregnant worker for missing days, but those days were allowed [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal for the same employer to keep an employee that has been terminated on their payroll, in order to refrain from paying out unemployment benefits?

Possible pregnancy signs 2 days after conception? [ 2 Answers ]

I ended my period on April 15th. I had sex unprotected and yes he came in me on the 17th, 18th, 22nd and 24th. It says starting with the 22nd I am fertile until ovulation day (27th). After the 22nd I started feeling more irritable, starving every 3 hours, queezy, and supppeeerrr tired. I literally...

Can conception occur a few days before a missed period? [ 3 Answers ]

I resently went to go visit my boyfriend out of state. We had not seen each other in 8 months. I had may last period two to three weeks before I saw him. I am not sure of the exact date because of birth contol pill mix ups 4-6 months ago. I quit taking the pill so I am not sure of my regular period...

I have these signs. Am I pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am getting ready to be 17 and I have been feeling really really sick but not really able to throw up, can't eat certain things because it makes me sick, I have hot flashes a lot, and I use the bathroom a lot. Its barely been a week, what is going on?:confused:

View more questions Search