Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammylaunt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 02:47 AM
    Why is my dog crying at her puppies
    Hi my jackrussell had her puppies 6 days ago. The puppies are doing really well gaining weight and feeding regulary. After feeding and when the puppies are sleeping my jackrussell becomes really restless and won't stop crying! I'm not sure what she is trying to tell us but I'm really worried is this normal behavior?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 03:33 AM

She is crying and restless about them because they are sleeping and their immobility is worrying her. Very similar to human moms anxious about sleeping babies and checking to see if they are still breathing.

Tick
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2010, 08:13 AM

Tickle is right.. She's being a very nervous mommy! Be careful that she doesn't exhaust the puppies. If you find that she is pestering them constantly, take her away for about an hour after each feeding. Puppies need to sleep. If they don't get to sleep, they won't have enough energy to eat. Just keep an eye on her and ignore her behavior for the most part.

Jul 14, 2010, 01:45 AM
    Comment on Lucky098's post
    Thank you so much that really explains a lot! We have been giving mum lots of love and attention while she is not feeding and the puppies are sleeping longer now! Mum seems a lot more settled, and no more crying. Thank you again that's so comforting!

Jul 14, 2010, 01:45 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Thank you so much that really explains a lot! We have been giving mum lots of love and attention while she is not feeding and the puppies are sleeping longer now! Mum seems a lot more settled, and no more crying. Thank you again that's so comforting!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with a crying dog at night [ 1 Answers ]

I have just had a rescue dog and as soon as he is on his own he crys even if its left for 5mins. Any advice

Crying Dog [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old husky that has been doing great with her training up until now I had no real concerns. I have a 5 foot high privacy fence in a large yard. Up until recently she was free to roam the yard for hours. She loves it outside, The problem is 2 weeks ago she started climbing the fence,...

My dog keeps crying [ 2 Answers ]

My dog cries for no reason and recently he is really pulling when he is on the lead and his nose is stuck to the ground sniffing everything out. He is a border terrier cross patterdale and he is one year old. Does anyone no how I can stop this, please help

Crying, happy dog? [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Westie that is 1 1/2 years old. She is "fixed" and is generally a very happy, sweet little dog. She has a favorite toy -- a little stuffed bunny. She plays with all of her toys, but this bunny is her favorite. When it gets later in the evening, she runs around the house with the bunny in...

Dog crying? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Golden retriever/German shepard cross, and she's female. The past few days she's been crying, then she goes to lay on her bed, she just randomly cries. She's eating and wants to play etc, but we have no idea why that could be? She hasn't been spayed, no, and there's a lot of...

View more questions Search