Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kbbeck181 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2010, 09:08 PM
    No title for manufactured home
    My renters want to buy my manufactured home. I do not have a title - when I bought it was sold to me as real estate. I went to motor vehicle dept applied for title - since no title was ever issued, I was told motor vehicle would not issue title for real estate. Mgf'd company is out of business - with no title how can I sell my property. The loans company wants a title - I can't file for a lost title, since do title was ever issued. Please help!!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2010, 11:08 AM

If you were sold the MH as real estate you need to go down to the county recorder's office and see just how your real estate is titled. When mobile homes are converted into real estate the title is surrendered to the county and then the MH is converted to real estate. Go down to the county in person and they can advise you. Since there is no title for the MH then you will have proof of this with whatever documentation you get from the county showing that the mobile home was converted or "married" into the real estate. They do this procedure here in Ohio and most lending institutions don't really understand this unless they see the "proof" in their hands that the county has. Don't let the bank give you the run around on this as the MH was legally converted to real estate. Most times the MH is attached to a basement or crawl space and then it can be converted to real estate or the MH is 1,200 sq ft or more and that would also qualify it to be converted to real estate.

If the manufactured home was brand new and converted to real estate a title was not used. What was used was the MCO that is issued by the manufacturer and this was sent directly to the county for the conversion - hence there never was a real "title" per se on your manufactured home. MCO is Manufactured Certificate of Origin issued by the manufacturer of the home.

I worked at a MH dealership and ran into all sorts of scenerios for manufactured homes that were new. This sounds very much like the scenerio I've outlined above for you.
    jonledin Posts: 29, Reputation: -1

Oct 5, 2010, 08:26 AM
    Go to record of deeds and look up property address to see if there might be some deed or mortgage on your property. If not, you will have to file a Petition for Quiet Title which most likely will have to be done by an attorney so check your city for a good attorney that does real estate law. If there is a deed or mortgage then once again you will need to file a Petition for Quiet Title in your county courthouse, where an attorney is needed to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manufactured home title [ 23 Answers ]

My mortgage company states they do not have a title for my manufactured home and neither do I. The NCDOT states that a title was never filed with them. The place where I bought my home is no longer in business. I am wanting to sell my home but can't without a title. What are my options?

Title for a manufactured home [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a manufactured home and have yet to receive proof that I purchased this home. The dealer made me fill out a form for a license yet the department of licensing has no proof of this. I have owned it since December I want to find out how to make them get me my documents

Need an original title to a manufactured home [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I locate an original title to a manufactured home? I have refinanced it once, but am refinancing again to an FHA mortgage that requires that it be title eliminated. In order to do this I need the original manufactured home title. Where can I get it?

View more questions Search