Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icewagon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 10:58 AM
    How to ground a 200 amp breaker box ?
    I have installed a 200 amp service line down to a new meter base, then into a new 200 amp breaker box (upgrade from the 1956- 60 amp service that was there) . I have 2- 8 ' ground rods outside 6' apart , I have a continuous ground wire going to the fartherist grn rod from the nutral in the box. Do I run ground wire from rod to rod or do I run a 2nd wire from the same lug?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2010, 02:05 PM
    You could had left the one ground wire, which should be a min of #6 copper, long enough to be continued onto the next rod.

You cannot cut the wire and stop at the first rod, and then continue onto the next rod with another piece of wire.

You may go to each rod from the neutral/equipment ground bar in the panel with a wire to each rod separately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to install new breaker box-upgrade from 100 to 200 amp [ 8 Answers ]

I have done a bit of electrical work installing lighting and outlets and running new service to new appliances. I need to upgrade an old electrical breaker box from 100 amp to 200 amp. I want to know where I can find the specifics of the procedure so I can determine if I can do it myself seeing as...

Correct method to RUN copper ground wire to ground a 200 amp electrical circuit box? [ 0 Answers ]

Is a 3-wire copper ground or a solid copper wire required to ground a 200 amp electrical box? Is this wireing correct: A 3-wire copper ground wire in a conduit run from the electrical panel to the copper rod in the ground then to the cold water; AND THEN IN THE GARAGE the naked 3-wire...

How to change a circuit breaker in a 200 amp box [ 7 Answers ]

How to change a circuit breaker in a 200 amp box

Identify 100 Amp vs 200 Amp Household Breaker Box [ 10 Answers ]

In my home Breaker Panel there are two breakers connected by a bar (labeled "Service Disconnect"), each breaker has a "100" written on them. Is this a 100 amp or 200amp Breaker box? Salesman wants to know what size Breaker Box I have in order to order to correct tankless water heater.

View more questions Search