Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RogueKT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 01:00 AM
    Bad smelling tooth with bleeding.
    I have notice for about a week that my back wisdom tooth has been giving off this awful smell. I have never had the best dental hygiene up until about a year ago. I at least try to brush once a day, I often forget first thing in the morning. The tooth has obviously started rotting, both of my upper wisdom teeth have. The right one has not given me a problem, despite everything, but the left one has become quite odorous. Tonight while I was in the shower I was searching for a possible cause, poking around and what not (I know it isn't the best idea, but I was curious). I had found a bubble of some sort on my gums, just below where the tooth meets in the far back. I poked it, I guess, a little too hard and it started to bleed, for about five minutes I was spitting small amounts of blood. After I kept gauze on it to keep the blood from going on my tongue, the taste makes me sick, and I noticed the smell actually was going away with each clean pad I used. I have this super fear of dentists and doctors, not quite sure why, with that and a combination of no insurance, I was trying to find out if it was severe enough to actually have to see a dentist. I have no pain at all, just a foul foul oder that won't go away.
    RavingEagle Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 02:44 AM
    You really should get that checked out! Right now there is no pain, but that is by no means a sign it will not become worse.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2010, 04:11 AM
    A bad smell and bleeding can be the sign of infection. You MUST have this checked by a dentist ASAP. Untreated infection in the mouth can cause serious health issues like heart attack, stroke, and even death.

You say you've been brushing more in the past year, you need to floss as well. The toothbrush doesn't clean the bacteria out from between your teeth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I treat a bad smelling sweat [ 12 Answers ]

What is the cause of bad smelling sweat and what is the solutionfor this problem

Smelling wisdom tooth [ 27 Answers ]

Hi, I am 30 years old. My wisdom tooth lies a little lower than the rest. I noticed that it smells bad. I put a finger on the tooth and smell the finger. The finger smells bad. I tried with other teeth. They smell normal. I have been taking extra care while brushing after I became aware of this...

Bad Smelling Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

When I start my washing machine, I noticed a bad smell form the incoming water supply. Can you tell me why it doesn't have an odor out of my faucets in the house? How can I fix this problem? David

Bad smelling bath/sink [ 2 Answers ]

For the past few months we have been noticing a bad, sulfur-type odor coming from our master bath toilet and sink. The smell is not constant and doesn't always correspond to running water (running both hot and cold water in the sink can cause the smell, but it disappears after a few minutes) or...

View more questions Search