Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BobbyRigsbee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 08:32 AM
    Recently replace well pressure tank and gauge. Now water cuts off totally for 2 secon
    Recently replaced my well tank and pressure gauge. No problems there. Now the water cuts off completely for about 2 seconds intermittently. Forgot to mention that I have a submersible pump and plenty of water. Thanks
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2010, 09:01 AM

Double check the pressure at the top of the tank. First watch your pressure gauge as water is used. As pressure falls, you will hear a "click" when the switch cuts the pump back on. That is the cut in pressure. Let's say it is, for example, 30#. Now turn off the power and drain the system through a low level, outside faucet until pressure is zero. Now set the pressure at the top of the tank to 2# BELOW your cut in pressure. In our example, it would be set to 28#. Turn the power back on and see if that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I replace a hot water tank pressure switch? [ 3 Answers ]

My hot water tank is made by Rheem. Model: PVS180. The pressure switch fails to open.

How do I know when I need to replace my water pressure tank? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know when I will know when I need to replace my water pressure tank. I have a plumber that says it should be replaced?

Well tank pressure gauge [ 8 Answers ]

Got a call from a friend that said when she turned on the sink faucet dirt and a little water with little pressure came out.She turned it off and called me.I asked her if she had water running somewhere that would be depleting the well.She found that a sprinkler system was running on a timer but...

No pressure in tank-gauge at 0 water flow to home is OK [ 3 Answers ]

I have water coming into the house so I know the well pump works fine. The problem is that there is no pressure in the pressure tank and the gauge is at 0. over the winter I ran the water to a steady flow so the pipes wouldn't freeze when the temps dropped to single digits what's wrong with the...

Pressure gauge for tank [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the psi will not drop on my pressure gauge for the tank . It will go up and stay at that and will not release. The gauge has been replaced and we also unhooked the pressure gauage and switch and let the water flush out. Thanks for any info you may have...

View more questions Search