Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qop111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2010, 10:33 AM
    Itchy skin rash appearing all over my body... picture attached.
    Hi, I have been having itchy patches of raised bumps on my inner thighs, buttocks, feet, legs, elbows, and under my arms. They are so itchy that I can't help but to scratch until I bleed. I have no clue what I have, I have been trying to do some research online but I can't come to a conclusion. Attached are 2 pictures of my left foot and left inner thigh... please help!

I have ruled out bed bugs as I have had them before... I have no clue what it is!
    margaret26 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2010, 10:39 AM

Looks like u have a case of hives u need to get some antihistmens
    dscreet Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Aug 19, 2010, 01:41 PM
    I agree, this looks like a heat rash or something has irritated it. Have you changed your washing powder or soap recently? Antihistamines should relieve the itch and stop the rash.
    squish19 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2010, 02:06 PM

Looks like excema (sp?) I have that behind my knees and it looks the same when it flares up and I scratch like crazy. Go to the doctor and he/she will give you cortizone cream... it really hopes with the itching! I hope this helps! I feel you pain (I mean itch) if it is excema... mine just showed up out of no where and 6 years later I still have it, but the cream does wonders.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 19, 2010, 11:09 PM

Three different diagnosis. This is why it's always best to go to your doctor, he/she can run tests and make sure you get an accurate diagnosis and medication, not a guess.

See your doctor.
    chef_chick Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Aug 20, 2010, 03:08 AM

Hello,
    I have severe eczema and used to have skin like that everywhere. It has calmed using prescribed creams from the doctor although it may be another cause, have you used any different treatments or soaps lately? Any perfume? Body lotion? Please reply, I will search the internet for you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 20, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chef_chick View Post
    Hello,
    I have severe eczema and used to have skin like that everywhere. It has calmed using prescribed creams from the doctor although it may be another cause, have you used any different treatments or soaps lately? Any perfume? Body lotion? Please reply, I will search the internet for you.
    Hello chef_chick. It's very nice that you're offering to search the internet for the OP, but, the internet is not a reliable place to get a diagnosis for anything.

The rash may very well be from an allergy, or eczema, but we can only guess, and that's not going to help the OP. It's best that he goes to the doctor for an accurate diagnosis. The internet has many useful tools, and a lot of information, but when it comes to your health it's best to trust a professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy rash [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this rash for a couple of months now. It started on my lower back and has spread all over my back and on my shoulder a bit. It seems not to be spreading anymore. Any info would be great. I have had chicken pox already... if that helps. Whiteheads do form on my back. The picture included...

Itchy rash [ 4 Answers ]

I am 17 and have a rash on my legs, back,belly,arms,hands and is starting to spread on my neck but it only shows when itched I have been to my doctors twice and both times said it was scabies but scabies is contagios but yet know one who I have been in contact with has caught it yet I have had it...

Itchy skin, then red bump like rash [ 2 Answers ]

For a few weeks now, I've been itching extremely bad all over my body. Usually my thighs worst of all. I assumed I was gaining weight and it was just because my skin was stretching(I'm noticing more stretch marks than before). Now all of the sudden everywhere it itches(worse than before!) As soon...

Itchy skin rash [ 1 Answers ]

I have had an extremely itchy skin rash on my leg for about 2 weeks now, there is no specific pattern, no heat radiating from my skin, I did have what seemed to be a 24 hour bug just prior to the onset of the rash, but these symptoms have completely cleared up. It is a raised red rash, with a...

Itchy skin rash [ 5 Answers ]

I seem to have what this person has, minus the spider bite: red, itchy bumps all over upper arms and legs, as well as a splotchy rash around my neckline that burns like crazy. Thoughts as to what it could be? Help... I'm scaring myself that it's shingles or something. Newsbunny For a few...

View more questions Search