Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolynrooke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 09:01 AM
    I have custody of my great niece and her mother is threatening to sue to get custody
    What does a parent have to prove to regain custody from a relative
    carolynrooke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 09:04 AM
    Custody
    What must a parent do to regain custody from a relative
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 09:22 AM

Can you explain how you came to have custody to begin with?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2010, 09:55 AM

Depends why custody was lost. In most cases the parent who lost custody files for custody, proves he/she has changed whatever it is that caused him/her to lose custody, proves it, the Judge has all parties evaluated and decides in the best interest of the children.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2010, 09:55 AM

Please answer the question because the info is necessary to answer you. I have answered you on your other thread - please don't keep opening new threads on the same subject.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 13, 2010, 09:58 AM
    Take the custodian to court.

I don't mean to offend, but the above line is the ONLY answer that can be given to your question. Frankly, I don't understand how you can expect anything more. If you want help you really need to provide details. We cannot offer any advice without knowing more about the circumstances. Please spend some time browsing other threads so you can see how this site is used.

I've merged your two threads. Please don't start multiple threads for the same issue. Please use the Answer This Question options at the bottom to add more information so we can help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get custody of my niece who is 16 [ 3 Answers ]

I want custody of my niece. She is 16 years old and she no longer wants to live in her house. Her mother goes out and drinks and parties and comes home drunk. Her mother and stepfather are constantly argueing and being aggressive. I think that she will be better off at my house. I have 3 kids and...

Custody Of My Niece [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My question is how do I get custody of my niece or help her in some way with my brother still being able to see her? Im 21 with a son of my own, I live with my husband and his parents. My brother has a daughter 10 days younger than my son and he went through a whole bunch of crap with the...

Trying to get custody of my great niece? [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have temporary guardianship of my great niece she is 19 months. My niece is her mother.I go back to court on July 20.The baby has the mothers boyfriend's last name. And he is a violent criminal and has been incarcerated since before she was born so he has no relationship with her and is...

Trying to get custody of my great niece [ 2 Answers ]

My niece is 21 yrs old and has a 4 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter. Her mother has custody of her son. I am wanting to get custody immediately for the baby but I am not sure how to go about or if I would be able to get it. She was relesed from prison in January and is on parole she has gone back...

How do I gain temporary custody or foster care of my great niece? [ 3 Answers ]

:eek:My niece has been in foster care for several years and is now 18. She isn't beig allowed to leave her foster care until she is 19. She has a daughter who is only 8 months old and she wants me to adopt, get fose care of or temporary custody of her daughter until she is able to get her self...

View more questions Search