Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tripleh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 05:31 PM
    Is it normal for a cat to have one kitten
    My cat only had one kitten and this is her first litter.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 07:42 PM

The first litter is never a very big litter.Just like as she ages, she won't have big litters anymore..

You should take her to the vet to have an ultrasound done just to be safe.

As long as she is healthy and the kitten is healthy, you should have nothing to worry about. I guess someone's cat shoots off a lot of blanks ;)

You should get your cat spayed anyway. Lord knows this world is over populated by cats.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 13, 2010, 12:42 AM

Having one kitten in a litter isn't unheard of, especially if it's a large kitten and/or a small mother. It's also possible that more kittens will be born later.

Can you feel any other kittens when you feel her stomach? If you're worried that there may be more kittens, or she seems distressed, then you should take her and her baby to the vet to be looked at.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat had kitten 2weeks ago and now my cat has run away,what do I need 2do2 now [ 3 Answers ]

My cat had 4 kittens and now she has run away,I would like to know what to do to the kittens in what to feed them and how?? If someone could klet me knoe asap please

My cat had one kitten for her first litter is this normal? [ 3 Answers ]

My cat had one kitten 10 to 14 hours ago and her contractions have stopped. The kitten came out dead and she didn't even detatch the umbilical cord I had to. Should there be more kittens and is this a cause for alarm?

Is this normal for my kitten? [ 4 Answers ]

I have kitten that is ten weeks old. He has been wormed and defeaed and meows loudly when he is going for a poo. It is runny at the moment and sometimes slightly thicker but never solid and sometimes has a tiny speck of blood when finished. He is on dry kitten biscuits and water, however I...

Is my kitten normal? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a white kitten who's mother is also white. The mother has normal yellow eyes, but I have noticed that the kitten has odd eyes. I know that's not unusual to have odd colour's, but the kitten has odd pupil's, one being pink and one being black. I can't find anything about odd eyed albino and...

View more questions Search