Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jneiens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2010, 09:40 AM
    How to report reimbursement of 401K contributions for highly compensated employee
    We have an employee that the 401K administrator deemed highly compensated so we are refunding the money. How should this refund be done through payroll or other check and if other do we report with an 1099R? And if so what boxes should be used on the 1099 and how should the employee report it on their tax return? And is it possible to roll over to their own IRA somewhere?

Thanks!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 30, 2010, 11:23 AM
    This is a complex subject that simply should NOT be addressed on this kind of forum.

Contact a competent tax professional for paid advice on how to deal with this issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Highly Compensated Employee and 401(k) refund [ 1 Answers ]

My company's 401(k) plan administrateor just sent me a refund of a portion of the money I had put into the 401(k) plan in 2007, saying that the company had failed to meet the non-discrimination tests for highly-compensated employees (HCEs). The check includes the portion of my original withholding...

401K Contributions by employer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My employer (brother) is not contributing my 401k deductions from my check to my 401k plan. I had talked to his accountant, his 401k administrator at work, the 401k Provider (Principal, Horrible customer service on their part), everybody is giving me the run around. Who legally should I...

401K contributions [ 1 Answers ]

How much time can elapse after an employer deducts employee 401k contributions from employee pay, to send those funds to a third party investor?

401k Contributions [ 2 Answers ]

If I did not max out my 2006 401K contributions, is there a provision with the IRS to add money to the 401K for last year prior to filing my taxes?

How many maximize 401K contributions? [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering what percent of people in the united states maximize their contributions to their 401K accounts?

View more questions Search