Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milkbaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 10:50 PM
    Custody of a non related child
    How do I get tempary custody of a non related child if I know the child has been exposed to physical and emotional abuse from the parent and the parents spouse the father also is in agreeing with me the child would be better off with me and the father has leagal custody
    LaLa61 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 12:55 PM

I know for sure you would have to file a petition with the court. However, I am sure that it would be not be an easy situation for any involved. I am eager to see what relpies you get as I have a similar situation. Stay in touch and bless us all!
    rhondapitts0921 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 02:54 AM

I have someone else's child and I don't have legal custody either. I will be watching this very closely because I want to know how to handle this also.
    LaLa61 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 03:07 PM

Thanks Rhonda,
    I have been going through this with the courts and it is a very difficult thing to submit a child to the systems decisions, especially when you know it it not good! Best wishes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

Child custody of an unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

My question is concerning my sister, she moved to this state I live in now, only a year ago,to live with me, she got pregnant by some guy she was seeing, when he started beating her up she left him,(she was only 2 months pregnant at this time) now she's 7 months pregnant and we are moving back...

Child custody [ 5 Answers ]

I am a male living in Louisiana. My wife is addicted to pain pills (methadone). There are several doctors that also think she is addicted. Her current doctor is giving her 200 pills every month and she also goes to another doctor and gets other types of pain pills. The doctors do not know she...

Child Custody [ 6 Answers ]

My step daughters mother is tell her daughter that when she turns 16 (shes 5 now) that she can move in with her ( we have full cousty)... I thought this was up to a judge and not the child... can some one tell me if this is true?. Katrina

View more questions Search