Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve-o1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 02:09 PM
    Financial aid for ex offenders for school
    I am a 22 year old male. That has been out of jail for a couple of mounths now.. I was woundering is there any way I can get financial aid to go to school, even though I am a fellion?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 04:05 PM
    Hi, steve-o1!

First, please do check with the institution that you want to attend to see about any financial aid they might have available.

I have heard something about the possibility of money being available through FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for those who have been convicted of a felony. However, it would depend on what the conviction was for and an applicant's compliance with certain stipulations in order to be eligible. For more information, please visit FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Once a person has done their time and been on probation or parole, and basically paid their debt to society, then they are free to apply for monies just like anyone else does in the form of loans or financial aid from educational institutions, banks, municipalities and others.

But, like I said above earlier, in order to be eligible for money from certain programs that are designed to help those who have been convicted of a felony, then it might depend on what the conviction was for and that certain conditions must be met.

Thanks!
    jeromeboyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 10:02 PM
    Wherecan ex offenders get grants for college
    rjberry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 12:00 PM
    I have loans for school, how can I get grants to pay for the loans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial Aid for Private High School [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter applied and just got accepted without financial aid. What outside school sources can she apply to for financial aid as a young black american student? Thanks.

Is there any kind of financial aid that will pay me to go to school [ 2 Answers ]

Im a single mother of 4 and getting ready to start school, I was wondering if there is any kind of financial aid that will pay me while I go to school. If you could help me out I would really appriciate it

Financial aid for high school [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get financial aid or a grant for a private high school

Financial aid for private elem. School [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to obtain a scholarship for a gifted 8 years old who wants to attend a private elementary school. Much Appreciate any advice, Lina K.

View more questions Search