Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Straightwithcurls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 12:34 AM
    I am 21.and Losing my hair?/
    I am 21 years old and my hair is coming out horribly, every single time that I run my hands through it six to seven strands are coming out. I stopped blow drying it... I stopped straightening it and I only wash it every three days. Its hurts to pull up in a ponytail, and I constantly feel like I am about to go bald. What could be the causes of this? I have no health insurance and I am unsure of what I should do, my once thick, long and healthy hair seems to be disappearing before my eyes. Please help! What am I supposed to do?:(
    alexbabe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Hey, I don't know if you saw my post but if you didn't I'm eighteen and I'm losing my hair.but now I started using this shampoo called nioxin which seems to be working . My girlfriend bought it for me at supercuts. It's a bit expensive. Let me know how goes or do some research on it first. Im satisfied already my hair seems not to fall as much and its starting to feel thicker. Best of luck.:D
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2009, 10:51 PM

Consider any medications you may be taking stress diet hormones lack of vitamins etc! Make sure your using salon quality products! However please note 6or7strands is nothing! I wouldn't even be concerned if I were you! And if your hair is truly falling out at the scalp? You can still blowdry n flat iron it! If its truly falling out at your scalp the problem is withen your body not on the hair itself! Now if your hair is breaking midshaft? That's a sign of damage n that's when its strongly advised2lay off the styling toolS! So you must determine where the hairs coming from! In the meantime if by chance its falling out@scalp I recommend a shampoo that treats and promotes healthy scalp! After all healthy scalp produces healthy hair! Try scalp benefits shampoo and conditioner by aveda! Its great!
    klueless_kid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stylist101 View Post
    Consider any medications you may be taking stress diet hormones lack of vitamins etc! Make sure your using salon quality products! However please note 6or7strands is nothing! I wouldn't even be concerned if I were you! And if your hair is truly falling out at the scalp? You can still blowdry n flat iron it! If its truly falling out at your scalp the problem is withen your body not on the hair itself! Now if your hair is breaking midshaft? That's a sign of damage n that's when its strongly advised2lay off the styling toolS! So you must determine where the hairs coming from! In the meantime if by chance its falling out@scalp I recomend a shampoo that treats and promotes healthy scalp! Afterall healthy scalp produces healthy hair! Try scalp benifits shampoo and conditioner by aveda! Its great!
    My hair is also becoming very thin. I am 23. I have been to the doctor, they tested my blood, said I was normal and they gave me a topical steroid and I have also stopped blow drying and dying my hair (I was already just using natural insticts non-permanent hair dye). I cannot live without the flat iron. The doctor told me to use neutrogena t-gel and I have been taking hair and nail vitamins with increased biotin. It doesn't seem to be improving but the other day I noticed what looks like baby hairs or new growth but how do you know if it is new or if it just broke off? I also have psoriasis but I firmly believe that my doctors diagnosis is wrong with psoriasis being the cause since I have never had any trouble with it before and it is very mild case of it, and it has gotten worse and more irritated since starting the treatment.
    dingo4mum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 03:51 AM
    I would see the Dr to get a blood test to make sure it's not a thyroid problem causing the hair loss. But stress has a huge impact on hair. My hairdresser only has to look at me sitting in the chair before she even cuts it and says to me "been a bit stressed lately hey?" to tell I've been stressed. I'm 27 and my hair has been falling out for at least 8 years because of stress. I was curious to see how much I was losing and over one winter I collected a wastepaper basketfull. Still have plenty left!

Multivitamins, plenty of rest, taking time to do something you enjoy to de-stress yourself, these things all help to cut down on stress. Self care!

Cheers!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

I'm 20 and losing my hair HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm only 20 and I'm losing my hair. I really don't know what to do can someone please help me?? :confused:

Losing everything [ 17 Answers ]

Here's the thing, I've been with my girlfriend for about two months now and its been a great time but just recently about a month ago I lost three family members in a strange freak accident. That wasn't all. Now my cousins in a comma, and my parents are about to get divorced after an 18 year...

Losing her? [ 3 Answers ]

First I want to apologize for my bad english(I'm not a native speaker)! Here is my story : I'm 27 yrs old and have been living with a 25 yr old woman together about 2 years. We met 3 years ago and I falled in love with her at once, it took her some months(she doesn't rush into relationships)...

View more questions Search