Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjwalker90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 07:39 PM
    Instructions for Harbor Breeze 69" Airspan ceiling fan
    We purchased a Harbor Breeze 69" Airspan ceiling fan from Lowe's. It was a display model and does not have instructions included. It is already put together but we would like to change the blades from light maple side to silver side. How do you remove the blades?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 09:58 PM

Remove the 2 screws that hold the blade yoke to the motor. Remove the screws holding the blade to the yoke, turn blade over and reinstall screws. Reinstall yoke to motor.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 01:07 AM

These fans do not have "yokes" or blade brackets, as they are called.

I've never seen one in person so I can't tell you. You can contact the manufacturer via our sticky, or post pictures and I will take an educated guess.
    welderman Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Jul 21, 2009, 01:20 AM

In the very center of the fan there in a cap about the size of a half dollar. There is nothing to get a hold of so I used the palm of my hand, it unscrews counterclockwise. Then there are 2 philips screws that hold the large cap on, after that you will see the screws that hold the blades on.
    Joe

Jul 21, 2009, 01:23 AM

Also the light globe unscrews counterclockwise about 1/2 turn then drops down.
    Joe
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 01:58 AM

These answers sound very accurate.

Jul 21, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair View Post
    These answers sound very accurate.
    Thank you.
    Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze 69" Ceiling Fan Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a Harbor Breeze 69" (twin blades) ceiling fan and am having problems with the wiring. I have black, red, white, and green from the ceiling box and black, white, and blue to the ceiling fan. The remote transmitter has black and white on the inbound side and black, white, and blue...

Lost instructions to install Harbor Breeze Airspan 69" fan - [ 3 Answers ]

I lost the instructions to our Harbor Breeze Airspan 69" fan, and just went to install it today. Have never tried to install a fan that has no pull strings, so the instructions are integral. Please help!?

Wiring Instructions for A Harbor breeze Ceiling Fan With Light [ 2 Answers ]

I have seen something on the board about Wiring this fan type with two wires coming out of the ceiling. In this post answer the remidy was given to wire blue and black to the red and all whites to whites. My problem is I have a RED BLACK and WHITE coming from the ceiling. The fan has a White, Black...

Harbor Breeze Aero 52" ceiling fan w/remote [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 fans in my house and they are identical. The remotes were set up differently when they were installed by the contractor so that each fan (and its light) only works with the remote programmed for it. I have lost one of the remotes (my 2 yr old grandson likes to hide remotes evidently). ...

Harbor Breeze AirSpan fan problem [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a Harbor Breeze AirSpan fan. When I turn on the light switch the fan is controlled by, the fans (there's two on this model) come on, and will not turn off via the remote. The light itself turns on and off, but the "dim" button does not work. The wiring in the ceiling is very...

View more questions Search