Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wingz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 05:53 AM
    Water coming up in bath tub
    When draining the kitchen sink water, the water backs up into the bath tub.
    Have used drain cleaners in kitchen and bath tub both. Any ideas why water backs up into the tub?
    Thanks, Wingz
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2006, 06:14 AM
    Yes. At some point the tub drain and the kitchen sink drain meet. You've got a clog somewhere after that meeting point.

You need to snake that line and run it all the way to your stack.

If you're handy you can rent an electric snake from HomeDepot or a local tool rental place and run it yourself - or call a couple plumbers for estimates. In my area, plumbers snaking inside runs to the stack typically run around $125.
    wingz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 06:37 AM
    Thank you RickJ.. Wingz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath Tub Valve [ 5 Answers ]

I need to shut off the water to my bath tub but cannot find the shut off valves that are by all the sinks & toilets in the house. Do tubs have those shut-off valves? Thanks!

Bath Tub spout [ 1 Answers ]

May sound simple to most of you but I'm having a hell of a time with this. The diverter on the bath tub spout lets half the water drian out of the spout and the other half comes out of the shower, I removed the spout and went to Lowe's home depot etc and they don't have one remotely close to this...

Bath tub drain [ 5 Answers ]

When I let the water out of my tube I hear water draining I my sink down stairs I have a split level home bath tub is on the upper floor and the sink is on the lower floor below the main floor which is on the lower level what may cause this:mad:

Sewage gas smell coming up in Master Tub [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have seen similar questions but am not sure if answer applies in my case. We recently built a house and began noticing a sewage gas smell coming up from our master bath tub. Shower is separate from tub. I also notice a gurgling sound in the master tub when we flush the master...

Sewage coming up from bath drain [ 1 Answers ]

We have a large 2nd floor bathroom with the tub being separate from the shower. This morning I noticed a foul smell coming from somewhere in the bathroom but couldn't locate it. Later this afternoon, while brushing my teeth, I realized sewage was coming from the drain in my tub while the water...

View more questions Search