Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Buenos Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Sears Lawn Tractor 917.2720601
    I decided to replace my mower blade drive belt. I thought it went OK but after everything was put back together the mower will not move. When running I put it into gear but nothing happens and when it is turned off and I put the "freewheel" in the engaged position, it will not move.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 2, 2009, 03:58 PM

Hi,
    You have one too many numbers in that model number.
    Park brake locked? Blade belt should not affect motion drive.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Jul 3, 2009, 09:57 AM

The model number in my question is exactly as it is on the owners manual. The aprk break does not appear to be locked. THe parking break level changes position to lock it and unlock it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 10:58 AM

I have to agree with Clarke on this. Based on our experience a Craftsman tractor has 6 digits in the model number to the right of 917. XXXXXX http://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/owner_manuals When you replaced the belt to the deck you would not need to touch the drive belt, or did you?

Jul 3, 2009, 06:38 PM

Please Google the sears number 917.2720601
    And you will see it is the number. I do not know a lot about these numbers, you folks know a lot more about these things than I do, but it is the number sears has assigned to this model tractor.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 10:54 AM

I am very surprised since I never saw a serial number long before. Have you checked that drive belt yet mentioned in post #4?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troubleshooting Sears Lawn Tractor [ 10 Answers ]

Troubleshooting Sears LT with a 17.5 2006 B&S Engine.Unit won't start. Isolated problem to fuel solenoid on bottom of carb. How is the solenoid wired into the system? Is there an interlock safety switch that might be the culprit?:confused:

Sears Lawn Tractor [ 2 Answers ]

How do I adjust the blades. One side cuts lower than the other?

Sears lawn tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Engine will not start, turns over very weakly with a fully charged battery. When the spark plug is removed it turns over very well. Put the plug in and it does not turn over. Sometimes you can tip off the spark plug with gas and it will crank right up?? Engine will not start, turns over very...

How to put a new belt on a sears lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

How do I weave the belt for a sears craftsman lt 1000 lawn tractor <moved from Lawn & Garden>

Sears lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

Can some one tell me how to replace belt on sears ss/16 twin lawn tractor this is a older mower.

View more questions Search