Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gentoo Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 07:11 PM
    Kennmore dryer will not stay running unless start button is held
    Sears Kennmore Model 11063952102 (Electric)

As stated in the title, the dryer will not stay running unless the start button is physically held down. If it is released, the drying immediately stops. The dryer seems to work fine otherwise, I have not noticed any increased time to dry or other issues. Right now I weigh it down with a dumbbell to dry clothing, but I realize this isn't an appropriate long term solution. ;)

Any ideas on what would cause this? Thanks in advance.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 08:17 PM

I searched the Sears site for your model number, but found nothing. Are you sure it's correct? I was hoping to find a wiring diagram for it.

I suspect it's a bad relay that won't stay engaged -- the coil of the relay is probably "open". As for troubleshooting it, there may be a wiring diagram inside the case of the dryer. You'll need a multimeter and electrical skills.

May 7, 2009, 06:25 AM

Looks like I transposed a few numbers. The correct number is: 11063952102 and I updated my original post.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 06:34 AM
    Well, they're not giving out wiring diagrams for free. They want $10 for one.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...ponents%20list

There are some threads on the net about this same problem. I googled "Model# 11063952102". Here's one of the first ones I found. This may help you. Apparently, this is a generic problem with this dryer.

http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor....php/t-91.html

http://www.epinions.com/msg/sec_~for...id_~409/pp_~18

May 7, 2009, 07:38 AM

Looks like the relay. Thanks for the info, I will see about replacing it.

May 12, 2009, 10:39 PM

Relay it was. Bought two from eBay, installed and now it works.

Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start button won't stay on - Kenmore Elite gas dryer [ 11 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite gas dryer model 110.73954102 won't stay "on" when I release the start button. Purchased new 5-28-2003. Has Sears issued a recall or defective part for this model? Serviceman coming soon.

Engine will start but not stay running [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 89 civic hatchback that will start and die when I let go of the key. I've have notice that I have no power when the key is in the second switch "power on selector" but have also notice that if I start the car and hold the key in the third swicth "start mode" the car stays running. It...

Maytag Dryer will not stay running [ 1 Answers ]

My Maytag Insignia dryer will not stay running after pushing the start button. After 30 seconds or so the dryer shuts itself off. Have tried cleaning all lint traps/filters that I could find. Any help would be appreciated.

Kenmore Gas Dryer no heat.stops until button held [ 1 Answers ]

Hope someone can help:) I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer... model 11072932100 and it stopped working. Every time the start button is released it stops spinning and it doesn't seem to heat up either. I've cleaned lint,etc... Help...

View more questions Search