Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azaleaeyes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Dying from Auburn/Black to Strawberry Blonde
    About five months ago I dyed the bottom half of my hair black and the top half dark auburn (my hair is naturally light brown with reddish highlights). Lately, I've been wanting to dye my hair strawberry blonde. I am in no way a hair expert (I'm actually kind of clueless when it comes to hair dye and that kind of thing), but I figured it would help if I tried to get the darkness out before I did anything. I used Color Oops Extra Strength twice and it helped to lighten the auburn quite a bit but only a little with the black.

I guess what I'm really asking is how do I go from my current hair color to a strawberry blonde safely? I'm pretty broke at the moment, so I can't really afford to go to a stylist although I'm sure that's the best way to go. I'm a little freaked out by bleach, but I'm open to hear all suggestions.

Thank you so much for your time!
    TexasGal123 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2009, 01:42 PM

Although I know this is not the answer you're looking for, here are my 2 cents: =)

All hair is different. ESPECIALLY when your doing it at home, what works on one person may not work on the other.

Honestly, I'd just wait until you have the money to get it professionally done because if you mess your hair up doing it at home your going to need a professional anyway. Plus, when they have to do color correcting it's A LOT more expensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown hair dyed auburn to strawberry blonde? [ 7 Answers ]

Well, let's see. My natural hair color is somewhere between medium brown and dark brown... Like it's dark brown but not near black.. if that makes sense... A few months ago, I want to say sometime after January, I dyed my hair a shade of like medium auburn. My hair being on the dark side it didn't...

Dying hair from black to blonde [ 25 Answers ]

Wel.. I dyed my hair last week a natural black colour and I am putting a natural blonde hair dye on it. I just wondered will it work? And what colour will it go? :confused:

Hair dying nightmare(black to blonde) x( [ 4 Answers ]

I had been wanting blonde hair for quite sometime and my friend convinced me to dye it. I have natural black hair. So I bought the blonde dye and my friend helped my dye my hair. My hair turned out HORRIBLE! :eek: It's bright yellow on the top and the bottom half is a yellow-orangish color! Yeah....

Strawberry Blonde? [ 1 Answers ]

I really want strawberry blonde hair with blonde highlights. My hair is a faded red/purpleish right now. Is it even possible to get my hair this color? If so, how much would it cost to get it colored, highlighted and then cut?

Dying hair from BLONDE to BLACK? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I have blonde hair. I want to dye it black but I'm afraid that it might become permentet or ruin my real hair color... will it??

View more questions Search