Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    retep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 12:19 AM
    Flying with a Broken bone
    I have broken my wrist (2 weeks ago) and in a cast and due to fly in next few weeks. Hospital doc is happy with progress but someone has said I shouldn't fly with a broken bone. Is there any reason I shouldn't fly (eg increased risk of embolism), could I be stopped by airline & how do skiing casualties get on?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 12:34 AM

Since you broke it two weeks ago, you should be fine. The one thing that concerns many doctors is something called Compartment Syndrome, where a recent injury and high altitude can cause swelling and thus decrease blood supply.

Usual airline rules are to restrict flying if you've been fitted with a new cast 24 - 48 hours previous to flight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog ate a pork bone [ 13 Answers ]

My fox terrier ate a pork bone last night and this morning at 6 am he went out to potty and was having trouble pooping. I let him in and out a few times finally when he did go it was in the house and when I cleaned it up I noticed it was hard and had bone fragments in it. Then he started to throw...

Bone deteriorarion [ 1 Answers ]

My son has terrible backaches and has been diagnosed as backbone deterioration and it seems like nothing can be done about it. Apparently, an old injury has caused the bones to deteriorate over the years. He is taking strong medecine for the pain. He was told no operation could help him. He is...

Dog ate bone whole [ 2 Answers ]

M small dog ate a rib bone whole. Will he be okay?

Bone dry [ 3 Answers ]

Tonight my boyfriend and I were having sex (he got me off before we did it so I would be lubed enough) and everything was going fine until I started to feel a burning/friction sensation. I then realized I was bone dry. I have no idea why this happened. I don't see how it could all just go away....

View more questions Search