Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr Vinny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 02:14 AM
    Removing Paint From Stucco
    Has anyone have an Idea on how to remove paint from stucco without removing the stucco.I just bought the house and the stucco has paint on it from what looks like the trim was painted with a 8inch brush.Most of it seems to be on the very top of the rocks.But I can't scrap it or hi pressure wash it without removing the stucco with it.
    Or am I going to have to paint the rest of the stucco to match?
    dwayne23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 04:28 AM

I used brush cleaning solvent for this once. Go easy and try a small spot first.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 10:33 AM

With out using solvents I would try a Steam pressure washer. Does the trick on brick in my area.
    They are getting harder rent because of the higher Psi on reg pressure washers, Solvents will possibly re-stain the stucco below it

Know of anybody that bought one of those TV steam clean your toilet/counter/grill Ronko machines

Heat gun may work but be careful with the heat it may make more of a mess

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing paint from plaster walls [ 4 Answers ]

How do I remove old layers of paint to get down to the original plaster walls?

Removing paint spots from brick [ 1 Answers ]

Our painter dripped white water based exterior paint on our red brick. How do I get it out?

Removing Paint from railing [ 2 Answers ]

Our home is about 50 years old. We like the look of the railing that encases our concrete patio and our entryway. However, I have been hard press to locate a product that will strip away the old paint quickly. Also is there any paint product that you can recommend for re-painting my railing. ...

Removing paint on concrete patio [ 5 Answers ]

I spent all weekend with a pressure washer trying to remove old red paint off my concrete patio. The paint is bubbling up and cracking in different areas and we don't want to look at it any more. What is the best solution, I tried the pressure wash, that's not working, how about laying an inch of...

View more questions Search