Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redbone1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2006, 08:47 AM
    Behind on Mortgage Payments
    3 Months behind on Mortgage Payments, credit poor cannot qualify for refinancing, talking to "foreclosure experts" who claim they can work with my lender to stop foreclosure. This is a process called loss mitigation, another company wants to pay off my home and outstanding credit but I would have to execute a contract for the deed and in 2 or 3 yrs. When my credit score is up I can refinance and get the deed back. This company's web site is NationalHomeownersFinancial.com. Please Help.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Contact the mortgage company, talk to them, they may work with you to over come this problem, most don't want to foreclose.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Ok, there is no speical or quick fix to these issues.

There are programs at most mortgage companies that if you can prove the ability to pay in the future, they will take the 3 months behind and work out a payment plan over a year perhaps to allow you to catch them up. But this is assuming you can keep them paid.

When you don't have the money to pay all of your bils, always pay for food, electric and gas and house payment first, If you have to not pay someone, let it be the non secured payments and ones where you don't lose as much

Next perhaps sell the house and pay off the mortgage and find a cheaper place to live more within your budget ?
    azelinsky Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 03:30 PM
    I know lenders that will refinance you and pay off your debt. You can absolutely stop foreclosure and refinance when you you repair your credit. Let me know if you need a contact!
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection Agency refusing payments in IL. [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 508.00 bill with my ob/gyn from the delivery of my baby (3rd) in April. Since I pay 1k a month for childcare now and didn't have paid maternity leave other than the 2 weeks of vacation/sick time. Money has been extremely extremely tight and I have not had an extra 508.00 to pay it off...

Utilities payments. [ 20 Answers ]

As a new landlord, I developed my own tenant-landlord contract. I wanted the tenant to pay all utilties so I include a phrase that says, "The tenant shall pay all utilities including, but not limited to electrical, telephone, gas and sewer." I am also hooked up to a water meter (one of the...

Can't afford truck payments [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a truck several years ago that I really cannot afford. I have tried to sell it every way I know how (local papers, eBay, on-line, car ads, etc.) to no avail. I've went to numerous car dealerships, both used & new, and they all want to buy the truck (for less than I owe on it) with the...

Royalty Payments [ 0 Answers ]

A manufacturing is going to pay royalty payments each month to another company. What type of account should be set up for the royalty payments? Should it just be called royalty payments and be listed on the income statement as a deduction to sales?

View more questions Search