Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radio309 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 12:48 AM
    Self Healing Hardware
    For the second time in five years my hardware has healed it self.This time my year old cell phone was taken to my retailer.I told them it froze and I could not make calls. The tech told me it could not be fixed,A few days ago I recharged the phone and it now works The phone is no longer online but it does work.This has also happen to a computer a few years ago. Do you feel over time the chip or software heals itself. Can anyone tell me what may have happen.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2006, 05:41 AM
    Often hardware issues may result in a loose wire, interference, software glitch or other temporary interruption. Its difinitely possible for such a condition to resolve itself. The loose wire can come back in contact, the interference may be removed, The software glitch doesn't repeat.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 12, 2006, 05:43 AM
    I don't think that the phone has healed itself. It could be that the phone received a knock and this re-connected some component internally. For example, my Dad's amplifier stopped working, through trying to fix the problem he noticed that when it was lifted from the centre of the unit it started working again. Therefore it is now supported from the centre and works fine (presumably this slight stress change in the case allows some contact inside to be re-connected.

Also the temperature of a device can start or stop it working due to expansion and contraction!

Hope this helps some - you lucky sod :)
    Xaniz Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 08:19 AM
    OK I am a Master at the Technical Art of any thing Technical

Are you ready for My advise¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?&# 191;?¿?

OK
    Step 1:...

Is it fixed?

OK then ignore it and it will go away has not worked

Step 3: What ever happened to step 2?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Vitamins promote healing? [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if you could tell me which Vitamins or Supplements are known to promote healing?

Healing Process [ 3 Answers ]

I went to my first counseling session yesterday, and it went well. It was just a bunch of questions about everything (from childhood up to present day) to lay the foundation of where my real problems stem from. As good as I feel about starting the process of mending my marriage, I feel terrible...

Is this the normal healing process? [ 7 Answers ]

Heyy everyone! Well its been a little bit since I posted on here. Lately I have been having a really difficult time moving on from my past relationship- as most of you might know, my boyfriend dumped me after 2 years together. We had planned a future, talked about marriage and the love was...

Healing Sores fast [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter has bug bites and she won't stop picking them, long enough for them to heal up, the scars are getting bad! I have tried alomost every thing, need some help here please to get rid of the open wounds and start to heal the scars fast!

Destressing, cleansing, healing [ 2 Answers ]

Hello to Everyone.. I'm interested to pick up and share some good practices to help enjoy life more. At the moment, things which I've found have helped are hot baths with about 3 table spoons of sea salt added, having a clean and tidy home, and sometimes if I really don't feel right I try...

View more questions Search