Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    estack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 07:26 PM
    17 Year old girl; 15 year old boy. Pregnant!
    I have a younger brother (age 15) who is a "father to be." The "mother to be" is 17 (and VERY excited.) My question is are there any laws concerning statutory rape in the state of Florida that would affect this situation. We have heard that if the state were to find out, there would be charges brought against her. By the time the baby is born (October) she will be 18 and he will be 16. ANY info would be greatly appreciated!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 16, 2009, 07:32 PM

You could look here..

http://moraloutrage.net/staticpages/...p?page=Florida

See section 800.04
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 05:05 AM

Or in other words, it's a third degree felony, yes.

The age at when the baby is born is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the age when the act occurs. Even the dumbest prosecutor can take the age and count backwards.

Florida prides itself as being the toughest state in the country when it comes to sexual predators who prey on minors.

I would strongly suggest getting parents involved... and getting a lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

I am an 18 year old pregnant girl, what do I do? [ 7 Answers ]

Let me start from the beginning, if you don't mind. I was 15 when I met this guy, and we have been together through thick and thin, ever since. We smoked pot and played guitar together in a band. I really love him and he really loves me. We have had plans about getting married. But he is a jerk...

Can a 16 year old girl marry a 22 year old guy? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello my name is estefania. I'm latina and I am sixteen years old and I would like to know if a sixteen year old can marry a twenty two year old guy? And if yes what is needed for the wedding? By the way it's a civil wedding.

My boyfriend's past - he got an 18 year old girl pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I am 40 years old and my boyfriend is 39. We've been dating since November and I love him very much. He is sweet and caring, but I can't get passed the fact that he has a three year old baby with a 21 year old girl. He met her when he was 36 and she was 17, got her pregnant when she was 18 and...

I am 19 year old and love a 14 year old girl [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old guy and love a 14 year old girl. The girl is one of my dad's best friends daughter. Both our parents know this thing. They have no problems. We both stay far apart . I amn't dating her, but I keep thinking of her all day and I know she too does. But thinking of her age and...

View more questions Search