Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tucker64 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 07:58 AM
    Ceiling divder between flat and popcorn textures
    Hi all

I have removed a non-supporting wall between my kitchen (flat ceiling) and dining room (popcorn ceiling). Without changing the textures of either ceiling - does anyone have any ideas of how to transition the two textures, as I do have to patch the ceiling where the wall use to be. I am not adverse to adding an architectural element to the ceiling, as I have heard of fake beam/traim caps (not sure of the actual name) that can be fastened over a 2x4.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 08:52 AM

basically you answered your own question. I've seen a 1x? On the ceiling to a fake beam take your pick.

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    homedoctor Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 09:08 AM

Yup - without removing the texture from the dining room lid, or adding texture to the kitchen the best bet is a fake beam. Wood or wrapped in drywall - either way works well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asbestos in popcorn ceiling? [ 9 Answers ]

Wife wants me to remove popcorn ceiling from our 1956 ranch. Have heard that from this era it may contain asbestos. Have worked with all sorts of nasty stuff and I know usually dangers with stuff like this is usually repeated, long term exposure. Breathe in enough sand or grain dust over time...

Install sheetrock over 'popcorn' textured ceiling [ 4 Answers ]

Is it advisable to scrape remove all existing popcorn texture from ceiling before installing new sheetrock ? Some of the texture got wet and fell to the floor and some of the existing ceiling (about 30% of the area) deteriorated from being wet. Do not want to remove and patch replace the damaged...

How do I clean the popcorn ceiling in my apartment? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't want to remove it, as I don't own my apartment. I just want to clean all the dirt near the ceiling fan.

Popcorn Ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

The popcorn ceilingin my family room blisters, splits and then rains drywall particles on the floor. The sheetrock is OK, but the "paper" separates and hangs in 3" inch sheets from the ceiling. What would cause this? And how can I correct it. The house was built in 1978. It had some ceiling...

Ceiling texturing after popcorn removal [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We're renovating a condo built in the 70's and have chosen to remove the popcorn ceiling. We've just about finished the removal and will be sanding, repairing, and priming. We're struggling with whether to texture the ceiling before painting or not. Looks like someone has come into the condo...

View more questions Search