Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinnie08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 12:53 AM
    Did my rabbit die from shock?
    My 7 week old rabbit died last week after being attacked by my cat. My vet couldn't find any broken bones or swellings that could indicate another injury. Just before she died she started convulsing. Did she die from an injury we couldn't find or from shock from the attack? She died about 24 hours after she was attacked. I would really like to know as it has been driving me crazy trying to figure out why she died.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 12:55 AM

It's most likely that she died of a heart attack. Rabbits are very skittish animals, they can't take a lot of exitement. Being attacked by the cat was probably more than poor bunny could take.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    vinnie08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 01:01 AM

Thank you for your answer. You have helped me in a big way :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

110 electrical shock [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, My daughter touched the hot side of an exposed 110 outlet and got a shock. She immediately removed her hand, but had a bit of light-headedness, and a pain in her other hand, which was on the carpet (upstairs on wood frame house). She seems totally fine now, and has no pain (one hour after...

Should I tell or not. I'm still in shock he cheated [ 11 Answers ]

I was with my boyfriend for over 5yrs, lately he had been very distant to the point of ignoring me. This has happened in the past when we have problems in our relationship so I knew something was wrong. This time was a little different because he treated me very different almost like he didn't want...

Electrical shock [ 3 Answers ]

I just had a new roof & vinyl siding put on my home. The guys doing it got shocked while on the aluminum ladder which was leaning on the gutter. Got any ideas why?

Sugar shock [ 2 Answers ]

I have a long coat chihuahua named Louie. He is just 10 weeks old an such a sweetheart. But he has a problem with low blood sugar. I took him to the vet because he had suddenly become sick overnight. He was perfecty fine and playful before bed and in the morning he could not lift his head. The...

View more questions Search