Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    outspan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Changing UK students visa to settlement visa
    My daughter is in UK on student's visa. We want her to have a settlement visa (which she is entitled to because her father has right of abode in UK) He is however not resident in UK. Can she change this student's visa to settlement visa?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 27, 2008, 02:28 PM

If she is going to claim her eligibility from her father, he must live in UK.
    outspan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    If she is going to claim her eligibility from her father, he must live in UK.
    How long does he have to live there for? Is a UK settlement visa for a certain length of time. Can she apply for the settlement visa in the UK, or does she have to come back to Zimbabwe to do it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing my B1/B2 visa to a work visa [ 1 Answers ]

This is my second time in the US this year on a B1/B2 visa. This time, my 1-94 form allows me to be here till Feb 4th 2009. I want to seek permanent employment, and has found a company willing to employ me. I'm a film producer from Kenya and will mostly work on Africa-oriented projects if I work in...

Do Thai students who are studying in the US need VISA to go Canada? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm Thai student, holding I-20 VISA of the US. I'm living in Boston now. I need to visit the Niagara Fall for a few days but I'm not sure whether I need to get Canada VISA before going or not. I asked one of my Thai housemate, who's been to the Niagara Fall before, and he said that I need to...

Are relocation expenses tax deductible for F1 visa students? [ 1 Answers ]

I am and international student from Greece. Up until May 2008 I was doing my OPT under an F1 visa after I completed my Master's here in the US. Now I have to move from Ohio to Arizona to start my PhD. Are the relocation expenses in this case tax deductible or not?

Tax return for J-1 visa students [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to file for a tax return in the USA if you are a foreign student with J-1 visa??

View more questions Search